Thread: How do I pushback in this situation?

Default How do I pushback in this situation?

I'm in KOAR (Marina airport in California) and at a fuel station, and there are no ground services. How do I push back? Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KOAR fuel station.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	227456

You can press “shift + P” and then again to stop pushback.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

That worked great. Thank you.

If there was a pushback person in front of the plane, do you know how to make them go away if they're in a suicidal mood and insist on standing right in front of your plane and risk getting chopped down by the propeller?

You’re welcome.

As for making the ground crew go away… don’t think you can.
    I’m sure I’ve hit a few of them before now LOL

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I reduced airport ground crew to 25% in the sim settings. Doesn't get rid of them all but seems to be less "suicidal idiots".

Don't forget that you still have the old FS aircraft relocation slew option to move the aircraft on the ground ("Y" as the default setting...press Y to engage and Y to release). I have to do this sometimes when at a new airport never flown out of and randomly choose a starting ramp spot in a bad location I can't taxi out of. You hit Y and then use your keyboard arrows to move the aircraft around (default keyboard setting is up for forward, down for back, left for left, right for right). Once you have the aircraft where you want it, press Y again and it will give you normal control back. But it reacts very fast so don't hold an arrow key down for more than a microsecond at a time or you'll quickly find yourself on the other side of the airport. As a side note, I keep a record of what ramp spots to NOT choose when creating a flight!
    i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS + MSFS), AOC 32" 1440p, Logitech Flight Yoke + throttle quadrant + CH Pro Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by N069NT View Post
    Don't forget that you still have the old FS aircraft relocation slew option to move the aircraft on the ground
    Excellent advise. I forgot all about that. Thank you.

I have my slew commands set up for the yoke axis as well, so I can just press Y and steer wherever I want to go, forward or backward! Works great!