New Honey Comb Throttle Quadrant

My new Honey Comb Bravo Throttle Quadrant arrived in the mail today. I am very excited to get it up and running. I had to do my usual household chores outside to get prepared for winter until 4:00 PM today. That gave me enough time to rebuild my platform for the Alpha Flight Yoke, the new Bravo Throttle Quadrant plus 2 Logitek Throttle Quadrants (only used for switch buttons for functions and possibly the levers for other functions). I know a few people have the Bravo unit. The 7 toggle switches aren't recognized in the Windows 10 Joystick test screen after calibrating. Is this normal? Steve, do you have a good program for the Throttle Quadrant I can follow? You are a great source of information. I really enjoy your input. Edited by kevinfolsom

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I saw this on youtube awhile back and thought it may be useful.

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

Hi Kevin,

I’m glad you've got the honeycomb throttles now, bravo! :)

“joy.cpl” in Windows 10 (or win 11) doesn’t show the toggle switches as working on mine either, but they do work in the sim so it’s not a problem.

You’re too kind Kevin! I’ve been having a blast since my throttles arrived 8 or 9 months ago and I still haven’t set everything up yet LOL.

One thing you’ll want to do though is install the drivers (AFC_Bridge) from Honeycomb. This makes the bravo’s lights work.

https://flyhoneycomb.com/pages/drivers

After installing it though, you’ll notice that in flight sim’s content manager, it will say “afc_bridge” not installed. This is normal.

The video that Donnie has just posted looks pretty good and I’m going to watch it properly later.

I too am excited because I’ve got a new GPU coming this morning (RTX 3090!)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I too am excited because I’ve got a new GPU coming this morning (RTX 3090!)

I expect pics after its up and running!

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

I’ll see what I can do! Lol

It’s all working now.. I’ve increased a couple of the flight sim settings and it’s working well :)

Not a huge difference from the 2080ti I’ll admit, but in VR it’s loading much quicker and there doesn’t appear to be any scenery popping now.

By the way..the (large) box that it came in has a magnetic lid. There was also a rubber figure/toy? In the box. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with it though LOL

toy.jpg

I did have some serious problems though.. in that I couldn’t get either of the three TVs to come on, and they kept stressing me out with a two minute countdown..saying “no signal” and then switching off. I was so stressed!! In the end I moved the pc to the bedroom and connected it to a small tv..guess what..it worked! I was then able to download the latest drivers for it and now it’s all sorted!

My RTX2080ti goes on eBay tomorrow.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Thank you for the Youtube link, Donnie. I really appreciate it! And it will help me very much. I also found a few other Youtube videos on this subject. Thanks for your reply Steve. I am glad to know your Bravo TQ buttons don't show up in Windows 10 joystick test program either, and it is normal. I haven't tried programming my Bravo TQ yet. I've been rather busy lately preparing my swimming pool for winter as well as cleaning and changing the water and filter on my hot tub. Also much leaf and pine needle raking, blowing out the lawn sprinklers, etc. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so with any luck I will get the TQ setup. Also, Steve, congratulations on your new video card. You are definitely making it hard for me to "keep up with the Hardings"!!! I will get a new video card like yours eventually. I can only buy one expensive piece of hardware at a time. Now saving up for that new video card.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

There was also a rubber figure/toy? In the box. Not sure what I’m supposed to do with it though LOL

Your supposed to send that to your very good friend in Florala AL!'

I did have some serious problems though.. in that I couldn’t get either of the three TVs to come on, and they kept stressing me out with a two minute countdown..saying “no signal” and then switching off. I was so stressed!! In the end I moved the pc to the bedroom and connected it to a small tv..guess what..it worked! I was then able to download the latest drivers for it and now it’s all sorted!

I'm glad you got that sorted out, I would have probably busted a sweat as well! Hope you get a buyer pretty quick and get more than ya want for it!

Thank you for the Youtube link, Donnie. I really appreciate it! And it will help me very much. I also found a few other Youtube videos on this subject. Thanks for your reply Steve. I am glad to know your Bravo TQ buttons don't show up in Windows 10 joystick test program either, and it is normal. I haven't tried programming my Bravo TQ yet. I've been rather busy lately preparing my swimming pool for winter as well as cleaning and changing the water and filter on my hot tub. Also much leaf and pine needle raking, blowing out the lawn sprinklers, etc. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so with any luck I will get the TQ setup. Also, Steve, congratulations on your new video card. You are definitely making it hard for me to "keep up with the Hardings"!!! I will get a new video card like yours eventually. I can only buy one expensive piece of hardware at a time. Now saving up for that new video card.

I first joined this forum way back when I didn't know crap! The fine folks on here helped me in more ways than they know. I was going through one of those RUFF times. I'm always glad to help and pay it forward..

Thanks Donnie.

Hopefully the sale of my old card should help pay a big slice of the new one

I’d love to send the little fella to you but it’s probably best I keep him in the box in case I ever decide to sell the GPU one day :) (especially with there being a cut-out for it in the foam)

Also, thanks for your comments Kevin.

Not sure about having to keep up with me though.. you have a pool! LOL

Regards

Steve

Yes Steve, I do. But the older I get the more it seems to be not worth all the effort to maintain it and keeping it clean. Plus the cost of all the chemicals.