removal of objects in ORBX scenery

50sqnwopag

You might possibly use ADE to put exclusion areas for the windmills, but it would take considerable care to be sure you don't remove something you don't want removed. Another complication is that ORBX scenery is set up in a different fashion from most others and things may not work the way you expect if you make changes.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

You might possibly use ADE to put exclusion areas for the windmills, but it would take considerable care to be sure you don't remove something you don't want removed. Another complication is that ORBX scenery is set up in a different fashion from most others and things may not work the way you expect if you make changes.

Well said Larry!! I've seen many an unhappy camper when they thought they could just go in and exclude or even include specific items and it'd all be fine!!

I love ORBX but it certainly has its' own format! :eek::eek:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks -- I've had my share of headaches with modifying ORBX stuff. While it usually can be done, it took a lot of research and trial-and-error before I succeeded.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I once asked about a building that was stuck across a taxiway, they asked if I had other scenery installed as they questioned my post, so I sent a screen shot, got no reply.

Another time I asked about removing taxiway signs as some were stuck in the middle of some taxiways, I was told they had duplicated this particular airfield as it was on one area and also on another so just delete one of them, then they said 'If I delete then it will mean my scenery will no longer be supported' so I left the taxiway signs in.

I like their scenery it is very good but saying that there are about 6 sections of their forum with users having various problems, some still unresolved.

Col.

I once asked about a building that was stuck across a taxiway, they asked if I had other scenery installed as they questioned my post, so I sent a screen shot, got no reply.

Another time I asked about removing taxiway signs as some were stuck in the middle of some taxiways, I was told they had duplicated this particular airfield as it was on one area and also on another so just delete one of them, then they said 'If I delete then it will mean my scenery will no longer be supported' so I left the taxiway signs in.

I like their scenery it is very good but saying that there are about 6 sections of their forum with users having various problems, some still unresolved.

Likewise, I asked about their animated roads going straight across runways. I don't question their accuracy, it is probably the default airports that are wrong, but I just asked if there was a way to remove them. I got no answer on their support forums.

I later discovered that ADE would remove animated roads, but it needed two exclude polygons to do it.

Remember that not providing support for anything you buy and modify is pretty much the norm. Basically they are saying if YOU break it, they won't fix it. I wouldn't worry about that too much, but if it concerns you, keep a duplicate of all files you modify.

ADE or AFX will gleefully remove your unwanted taxi signs, by the way.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Yes, Colin, ADE takes a lot of getting used to when you are used to AFCAD or AFX and it seems to take a far more complicated approach to some things. I'm still getting to grips with its features so am hardly the person to guide you but one quick thing I would say is that you need to do two things:

1. Save the airport as a "project file" for future use and adjustment (this is actually optional but worth doing).

2. Generate the airport. This is what actually makes it work. Take care to save it to the appropriate location. ADE will probably create the file under a new name so you would be well-advised to delete or disable any AFCAD or AFX files that are present for that airport.

Hope that helps, that's very generic guidance!

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wanting to get rid of the wind turbines as I want to have as close to ww2 scenery as possible and them soddin turbines just ruin it all, anyone know if it's possible to remove them somehow?

Install Instant Scenery. It lets you delete objects from the scenery, it also gives you access to ALL your scenery libraries (including ORBX) to place any object anywhere, so you can add detail to your home town or your favourite airstrip, or add landmarks that might be missing. Its fab. See a problem in FSX - delete it with IS.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=instscen2

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE