MSFS 2020 Won't Run

Hello all.

I recently retired from flying after 20 odd years military (RAF) then another 20 odd years commercial (mainly Boeing)

I have X Plane 11 which is okay and I have FS2020 which takes forever to install and then refuses to work. I loved FSX and FS2004 but my super duper PC is running Win 10 and won't accept either.

Any ideas?

Allen

We can't be of much assistance if you don't post your system components. If you don't know much about the system, this might help. Just get the free version, it wi9ll tell you essentially everything you need to specify.

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

BTW, FSX Steam Edition wi9ll I believe run fine in Windows 10. Actually the boxed version runs also, but you need a bit of computer knowledge to get it to work. I think the Steam Edition is pretty straight forward.

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

We need to know your system specs. Its best to put them in your forum sig, that way you wont have to keep posting them when you need to, see my sig for example.

You should not have any problems running any of those titles on a modern system. I was running FSX Steam Edition until April this year (I got MSFS in May) on this Win10 Pro computer.

I had zero issues installing and running MSFS.

If you have tried everything then a totally fresh Windows install will fix things. Heres the steps I followed if you're interested:

1. Backup your data using free software like Macrium Reflect (excellent program)
  2. Download the Windows Media Creation Tool, you need a USB stick with 8GB or more
  3. See point #1
  4. Boot from the USB stick and do a fresh windows install (not upgrade) it will wipe everything.
  5. Once done update Windows till you have all updates
  6. Restore your data (you can mount Macrium as a virtual drive. It will appear in file explorer and you can just copy your documents, photos etc.)
  7. Log into MS account, begin the MSFS download and go to bed
  8. You will wake up to a fully installed game ready to roll.

On another note - you have 40 years of real world flying experience. If its something that would interest you - you could make yourself known to 3rd party addon devs because you would be able to greatly assist and advise them :) No doubt you use the Zibo 737 mod in XP11 which is amazing for freeware.

Edited by Throttle_Up