Activating FSX Gold in the year 2021

Jay2

I have been away from flight-simulators for a while and I have recently acquired FSX Gold with good Key code numbers. When I go to “activate” it says that “The activation server could not be reached”. Does this mean that FSX Gold (in the year 2021) is now a dead flight simulator and unable to activate?

I have it installed on a Windows XP SP3 computer.

Thank you for your help.

I have recently acquired FSX Gold with good Key code numbers.

Wherever you "acquired" it from, "good" key codes are not the same as a single genuine key code.

There is a limit to how many times a genuine key code can be used with the disk version however.

You'd be better off with the Steam Edition which doesn't require activation and includes all expansion packs, updates and all the 'must have' performance tweaks are built-in too.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for your response.

Poorly worded, Yes I meant to say “single genuine key code” by “good” I meant that, they came in the original box of FSX gold Edition. Actually there two product keys, one for FSX and one for Acceleration.

Microsoft usually only offers support for 10 years, so that is why I suspect that the authorization cannot find the server. FSX is now 15 years old.

Has anyone, within the past year been able to authorize through the FSX server, a legal version of FSX Gold Edition with a "genuine key code"?

Thank you for your feed back.

Yes, re-installed and re-activated (yet again) on a Win10 64bit rig, about 3 weeks ago. It's most likely the 40th time I've reinstalled the Gold Edition (& Acceleration) since I purchased it as a Christmas present to myself way back in 2006 (have had a love/hate relationship between FS9 and FSX ever since, hence the number of re-installs).

Regards,

Dorian

Edited by caphavoc

I finally got it activated, thanks to all for your input.

I did the phone call activation, but you need to be persistent to get to the automated exchange of long numbers. I had to keep saying no to all the product categories they were suggesting, until they finally said "Are you at your activation screen now"? Lets begin.:)

i finally got it activated, thanks to all for your input.

I did the phone call activation, but you need to be persistent to get to the automated exchange of long numbers. I had to keep saying no to all the product categories they were suggesting, until they finally said "are you at your activation screen now"? Lets begin.:)

brave and persistent!! atta boy

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I finally got it activated, thanks to all for your input.

I did the phone call activation, but you need to be persistent to get to the automated exchange of long numbers. I had to keep saying no to all the product categories they were suggesting, until they finally said "Are you at your activation screen now"? Lets begin.:)

Congrats Jay, it will make the FSX Gold program all that much more meaningful! NOW, enjoy it!

Rick :cool::cool: