Alaska Ultimate Terrain

beroun

Hi

Any idea where I can get (download from) the Ultimate Terrain Alaska so often referred to in sceneries. I got the Glacier Bay with amazing Juneau area but cannot find the Ultimate Terrain?

Any advice appreciated,

Many Thanks

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Thanks Dorian,

I do use Google and also have looked at the site you suggested. But it does not seem to work. I guess I will need to figure out the ""new hoops to jump through"". Also I am bit concerned about the hundred's of add-on sites I have. which I do not want to be affected. So will probably give up this idea.

Cheers.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Gi'day Peter,

My bad ... there was supposed to be a ;) after the Google comment (I was trying to be flippant, but it obviously backfired :) )

The site does work, I just downloaded UT Canada-Alaska myself (had been promising myself I would purchase it someday, your post simply spurred me on).

1. Just create a Flight1 account (if you don't already have one).

2. Download the Flight1 Purchase Agent and install it.

3. Download the UT Canada-Alaska scenery package (from the web site above).

4. Run the UT.exe and follow the 1-2-3 prompts.

5. Just sit back and Bob's your uncle. A Certificate of Proof should be emailed to you (a copy is also included in the Flight1 Software folder created in Step 2) .

As for other addon sceneries, if they have been created with UT Canada-Alaska in mind, they should say so in their respective readme files.

Regards,

Dorian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dorian,

Finally have obtained the Alaska-Canada Ultimate Terrain from Flight1. Looks great - nice improvement in scenery. I just have an issue whenever approaching Vancouver CYVR. The FS shuts down. I even deactivated the enhanced YVR airport I had, still no help. I have NO add-on airports in vicinity of YVR! Starting the flight at YVR instantly shuts down the FS. Other areas in Alaska and Canada seem OK. Still doing some detective work and hope to crack this YVR issue but no luck sofar.

Any clues appreciated.

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I just have an issue whenever approaching Vancouver CYVR. The FS shuts down. I even deactivated the enhanced YVR airport I had, still no help.

Any clues appreciated.

Having just jumped through a few hoops to diagnose a couple of weird shut-downs experienced on my system, I'd suggest de-activating AI Traffic completely and see if that makes any difference. If not, it'll only waste a few minutes of your life, if it does you'll have a whole new avenue of investigation to play with ;)

Good luck!

Hi Steve, do not have Vancouver plus, also have reverted back to default YVR and is shuts the FS down anyway.

for Chris, yes have turned down AI completely, no luck either. Also checked the airports around. CZBB, CYNJ and CYXX all default shut down the FS also. So probably has to do with the Canada US transition. Although East Coast YUL/YMX, also close to the border are OK.

Basically Vancouver area is shut down for me - somehow the Ultimate terrain prevents flying there???

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways