Bluetooth speakers question

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

I am tempted to try replacing my current speaker setup with a Bluetooth alternative. The reason is to further reduce the mass of wires/cables snaking across my floor. It's unsightly and as I discovered recently a trip up hazard ( A certain amount of ale was also a factor as well :) )

I was wondering if any of you are using Bluetooth? Is it reliable ? does it cut out at times etc.

I know internet speeds may have a factor here .

Anyways aviators I await your views/experiences.

If it cuts out stutters or stammers periodically I will not be interested.

cheers

Andy

Edited by HoratioWondersocks

Doesn't matter whether it's speakers, headphones or networking, I've found that a proper wired connection is almost always going to be preferable when possible. With Bluetooth speakers, you will be more susceptible to interference, as with any wireless networking, and the audio quality will also be lower than a wired connection (the latest Bluetooth 5 is better here, but not all computers or speakers support it). Bluetooth speakers are useful sitting around the deck outside playing music from your phone, but for speakers sitting next to your computer, I would go with the wired option. There are plenty of options to help with managing and hiding wires out there to help with the mess.

Doesn't matter whether it's speakers, headphones or networking, I've found that a proper wired connection is almost always going to be preferable when possible. With Bluetooth speakers, you will be more susceptible to interference, as with any wireless networking, and the audio quality will also be lower than a wired connection (the latest Bluetooth 5 is better here, but not all computers or speakers support it). Bluetooth speakers are useful sitting around the deck outside playing music from your phone, but for speakers sitting next to your computer, I would go with the wired option. There are plenty of options to help with managing and hiding wires out there to help with the mess.

Thanks, Loki.

Before you replied to my query I had already bought a set of Bluetooth speakers, fortunately, there is the option to connect to the PC directly via USB well.

They worked trouble-free in my regular evening session.

Thanks Andy