Crash To desktop Fix!

Black Goku

Hello everyone!

So my FSX kept crashing after like 30 minutes of flight or less so i tried looking for solutions...

So i have done a lot of reasearch and i have found some solutions after having searched and searched and searched a LOT of forums, I came across these ones:

1: Try emptying your temp folders before openning the game.

2:So i have finally figured out that FSX is a 32 bit program so becuse i have a 64 bit i think that is where my problem came from...So basically what i did is go online, download the Uiautomationcore.dll in 32bit and then i copied and pasted the new uiautoamtioncore in the main fsx folder to replace the one there and then i did the same (copy and paste) in the appdata/roaming/microsoft/FSX folder and replaced the file there as well, Now i have no more crashes at all!

I hope this will help you out if your game is crashing.

Greetings,

Black Goku

Thanks Mark and Col!

I found mine in \Windows\System32 and it was version 7.0.0.0 which there has been a few updated versions since 2009. In that it would not let me update to a newer version until I got the TrustedInstaller's permission, it will stay a 2009 file until I have problems!

What's the saying, "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Rick :cool::cool:

Not completely true there should be one in your main FSX folder too

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Thanks Mick and Jorgen! Let's see what direction this discussion will now take?

I don't think it would hurt anything to have one sitting in the FSX main, but, I will see what others say on theirs. I know I don't have one, or at least I did not find one in my FSX main.

Thanks guys!

Thanks Mick and Jorgen! Let's see what direction this discussion will now take?

I don't think it would hurt anything to have one sitting in the FSX main, but, I will see what others say on theirs. I know I don't have one, or at least I did not find one in my FSX main.

Thanks guys!

Yes, the DLL goes in the FSX folder. I did that right away once I installed FSX for the first time some 10 years ago.

I recently started having a problem with my AI, so as they say it could be the last thing you installed or added that caused the problem.

So out of curiosity the last thing I added was this DLL, so I took it out, then tried to fire up FSX and it would not load. said there was an error, and either correct it or re-install FSX.

So I put the file back and FSX started, but why did it run before without it and now it won't?

Col.