Lost the programm

Hi so i unplugged my hard drive its a secondory drive i guess mfs is on there i do not even know my computer is a mess cant find anything anyway i unplugged it to fix something and replugged it so i went to restart flight sim and a steam window comes up and says i need to install flight sim and this happens when i try to launch from the desktop icon anyone know how to relink it i checked my 3 drives i cant find the msf program floder anywere!!
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Steam Verify Integrity of Game Files

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam.

2. From a game's library page, select Manage > Properties.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

PROFIT!!!

NOTE: This may wipe out any add-ons

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

hey thanks for the answer so when u click on to verify and it could take some time u said, does it show like if anything is working in the backround or u just wait ? like how do i know when its done thanks
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

never mind a window came up and i was able to start fs but installation manager comes up and it shows to install everything again!!?

Steam Verify Integrity of Game Files

1. Restart your computer and launch Steam.

2. From a game's library page, select Manage > Properties.

3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Note to others that are looking for answers. Do NOT do a Steam verify of the files for MSFS. Steam verify is not compatible with the Microsoft files. This is a known issue. This will cause you to have to re-install MSFS.

dam lol oh well its reinstalling, can someone tell me why when i unplugged the disc drive and replugged it why i lost the files or why it would not reconnect, only one not when i installed fs to my c drive i dont remember what it was but something else needed to install after the down load and i did not have the room on the c drive. so i set it to e drive and i think the folder is call propilot i think?

I'm going to take a guess and say that when you plugged it back in BIOS turned RAID on or off or changed the RAID configuration.

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

Note to others that are looking for answers. Do NOT do a Steam verify of the files for MSFS. Steam verify is not compatible with the Microsoft files. This is a known issue. This will cause you to have to re-install MSFS.

1000 times this ^^^^^^

so not too bad 3 and half hours to install lol!! and now i lost all my add on planes dam i am still fighting with microsoft for 2 months i had to reinstall and lost 100 bucks worth of planes i gave them all the reciepts and everything, so 2 weeks ago got fed up and bought them again looks like i will have to buy them again!!! and i buy everything right through the mfs store and it never shows up in my content manager!!!

so not too bad 3 and half hours to install lol!! and now i lost all my add on planes dam i am still fighting with microsoft for 2 months i had to reinstall and lost 100 bucks worth of planes i gave them all the reciepts and everything, so 2 weeks ago got fed up and bought them again looks like i will have to buy them again!!! and i buy everything right through the mfs store and it never shows up in my content manager!!!

Your first post suggested that you were out of options after tinkering with your drives and needed a reinstall anyways. I did warn that you MAY lose your add-ons, should have said WILL lose. But as others have suggested, this IS a last option as this puts you back to a default install.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro