Will Fs2004 work under 64bit OS's?

CTarana45

Could you possibly right click on your FS9.exe file in your main FS9 folder, select properties, go to compatibility tab and see if you have the "Run in this compatibility mode" box checked and "Run this program as administrator" box checked?

I'm fascinated to know!

Both boxes are checked, compatibility is for XP SP3.

I am using the FS9.1 "no-cd" hack, so I get the 'User Account Control' prompt at startup, but it's no big deal. I run so much old software I'm used to it ;)

Both boxes are checked, compatibility is for XP SP3.

I am using the FS9.1 "no-cd" hack, so I get the 'User Account Control' prompt at startup, but it's no big deal. I run so much old software I'm used to it ;)

Thanks Chris. You'll need to keep them checked almost certainly for FS9 to work.

Mark Daniels

As I said, also with 100% complete accuracy, - yes, I do use the sticky settings - everything that I have works, without being broken.

You are obviously using different add-ons that I do.. Please list (not all) only a few that are broken for you? Only a few please, so I can see if my installs have any commonality to yours.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

As I said, also with 100% complete accuracy, - yes, I do use the sticky settings - everything that I have works, without being broken.

You are obviously using different add-ons that I do.. Please list (not all) only a few that are broken for you? Only a few please, so I can see if my installs have any commonality to yours.

Robin,

We continually argue about this.

I don't want to type 10,000 words to even attempt to explain and teach how some basic Windows components work and how they affect applications. I do have this knowledge.

You have offered advice based on what happens on your system. You don't have any idea why you need to run those settings or the affect they have on applications. You've then given the advice to the world. Sorry, it is really bad general advice. You can't advise the world to do exactly what you do just because you have to do it on your computer without even having any knowledge why you have to do it. The advice will absolutely create problems for some people.

It is as I've stated, those settings will create issues. I am not wrong. There is potential for certain add-ons to not work properly with those settings applied. People who don't need the settings should not be using them.

How do I happen to know exactly who does and does not need to use those settings? I get it right every time? I also know those settings will upset certain applications with the same certainty.

People can take my advice or leave it just like they can take your advice or leave it. I don't always feel the need to challenge your posts. This is the first time I have told you your advice is really bad. I simply give differing advice to yours as I know mine to be correct and others can listen to whichever opinion they choose.

Mark Daniels

Thank you for the polite response, that simply says that your idea is better.

All I'm asking is for you to tell us what add-ons will be broken by my advice., not a 10,000 word explanation of how Windows work.

A simple answer would have sufficed.

Anyway, as a beta tester for various add-on creators, I have to make sure that my system works, & it does. Perfectly in Windows 11 as well!

Thank you for your criticization of my advice.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you for the polite response, that simply says that your idea is better.

All I'm asking is for you to tell us what add-ons will be broken by my advice., not a 10,000 word explanation of how Windows work.

A simple answer would have sufficed.

Anyway, as a beta tester for various add-on creators, I have to make sure that my system works, & it does. Perfectly in Windows 11 as well!

Thank you for your criticization of my advice.

FS9 you will find doesn’t work on systems with integrated graphics. That’s why you have to apply those settings. This is a result of Win 10, it broke it so no, your FS9 is not running perfectly.

When you change those settings you affect how one program works with another, you can affect how a program works with Windows and you can affect how elements of the same program interact with itself.

AI Smooth and AI Seperation as one example will no longer function with your settings applied. They can no longer communicate with FS9.

Your sticky should only be for people with integrated graphics. Other people should run FS9 fine without the settings and problems they will bring. I would expect the majority of FS9 users have a dedicated graphics card.

If they follow your advice they will likely come across issues I mentioned above and will have absolutely no idea the reason for the issue is the settings they followed at the top of this forum. It’s the last place they will think to look. It can create massive problems for people and they could spend hours looking in the wrong places.

I’ve tried many times to politely add my opposing opinion to yours. On every occasion you become confrontational arguing your settings are best based on nothing more than what you have had to do on your system with absolutely no understanding why you had to do it.

That’s not how to guarantee good advice.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

FS9 you will find doesn’t work on systems with integrated graphics. That’s why you have to apply those settings. This is a result of Win 10, it broke it so no, your FS9 is not running perfectly.

I’ve tried many times to politely add my opposing opinion to yours. On every occasion you become confrontational arguing your settings are best based on nothing more than what you have had to do on your system with absolutely no understanding why you had to do it.

That’s not how to guarantee good advice.

Thank you for your polite reply.

As a Microsoft OS beta tester, as well as a beta tester for various sim add-on creators, as well as being a PC hardware tester & sim builder, I do understand what I'm on about. As I said, what works for me..

I'm not sure as to me being the one who is confrontational, but this conversation, for me, is now done.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa