Real Weather Engines

usb777

I seldom fly my FS9 anymore I have FSX and MSFS but last night neither my Active Sky Evolution 0or my REX FS2004 Overdrive would inject the live weather into my FS9 program. I haven't changed anything and they used to work. My other FSX program using REX or AS work fine. Any ideas welcome.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I think the FSX weather engines use Simconnect for injection. Having said that, I think the FS9 weather engines use FSUIPC. Not sure if these weather engines use their own propitiatory driver.

And I see just now that my AS16 uses HiFiSimConnect1.dll and HiFiSimConnect2.dll.

I have had all that in place for years really, years but been a about a year since I checked out my FS9. I haven't found anything I changed so am at a loss. REX, AS and AS Evolution all work with my FSX program.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Well I some how got both REX and ASE working on my older computer but not with the build I have here as my signature. I must be missing a setting or something but for the life of me at a loss. Like the weather just isn't being injected or talking to the FS9 program.

Mike G.

Fixed it! Not really sure how but I knew something was blocking it as it works in my other computer I replaced the module folder and files from that one to the one not working. I did get an error window about the flight recorder not working. Dismissed it and all the weather works now RE and ASE. Still learning after all these years. Now if I can just get a handle on the MSFS the new one. Yey!! Not sure what it was in the modules because they were all the same named files all 50 of them. Must have something to do with that particular recording utility might never truly figure it out.

Mike G.