MSFS AI Online Offline Traffic

I was having a CTD (After a couple updates ago) every thirty minutes sometimes a couple hours depending where I was flying the came across a forum thread I forget where but try turning off the ai traffic offline and online. I have been experimenting a couple of months now and have same issue with the AI traffic. If I leave it off the MSFS will fly all night. I really like having AI traffic like FSX WOAI and MAIW.. If they have the feature in the program why can't I get it to work? Anyone else have this issue? I am trying to give these Asobo Designers the benefit of the doubt I understand it is all about money but hey I spent a hundred bucks on their software and their support system is worthless took them two months to respond to my support ticket and then they said they couldn't help me and the https://forums.flightsimulator.com website gives more questions than answers. Fortunately we still have this forum. Anyway here is the computer I am using for MSFS and it does run the program rather well.

Using a KVM Switch to watch a larger screen

ASUS - ROG Zephyrus M15 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q - 1TB SSD - Prism Gray

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I suspect your reason for CTDs when you add AI traffic is heat build up. A laptop will have less ability to vent heat than a good tower. If you turn on AI traffic, each of those AI flights creates additional computational demand. with AI on, you are not just computing the flights you see, but a myriad of traffic in the larger area. That adds up quickly to more heat! I have had a total of two CTDs in over a year I have had the sim. I run AI all the time, never turn it off. The difference is, I have a tower with LOTS of ventilation, so heat does not build up as much. Second, I have 32 GB of memory. According to tests at Tom's Hardware, even if the additional memory is rarely accessed, it does for some reason lower temps significantly. This sim was built to challenge the hardware envelope. They did provide ways to lessen the demand, removing AI traffic is one of those options.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thank you, that is a plausible answer. As you can see my FSX build is much better and I would have loved to try MSFS in that build but didn't want to lose FSX by going to windows 10 and then the massive memory MSFS requires and the 32 GB makes sense. The MSFS AI still has a lot to be desired like not having Southwest Airlines showing up in Sydney or Tokyo (Ha!Ha!)

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler