New Where did you fly today

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portland to San Francisco Bay - literally. I was flying the PMDG 737 tutorial and all was fine, about a mile from 28R touchdown, lined up on the ILS and auto land was flying. Suddenly it started descending well below glidepath and turning to the right. Before I could get the autopilot shutdown and take over manually we hit the water.

Tomorrow is another day.

Positioned myself at the Rapid City airport in my lovely little 415-C Ercoupe and did the prerequisite couple laps around Mt Rushmore. Great fun.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I've never tried any of the Discovery flights, so I figured why not.

WOW!!!! I was impressed, gave me great views of the scenery, loved them. I am going to do them all!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Two short flights around the Strawberry Mountains of Oregon, near Prairie City.

Strawberry.jpg

Strawberry2.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Sometimes I enjoy flying my FS 2020, but I'm not an excellent pilot ...

I would like to offer you the vision of one of my flights over Perugia (Umbria, Italy) recorded after the installation of the new world update 9.

I've been doing a lot of flying in Ukraine, becoming familiar with the terrain in the areas that are in the news lately. At first I used the Eurofighter, but now that I've got a better idea of where I am most of the time, I'm back to the 172 that I usually fly.
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I did a London tour, at night. Took off from London City, went straight towards ALL of the POI's that were popping up, then eventually landed at EGLL 27R

Was a nice flight, seeing the city lit up. Something I would recommend :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking for mine shaft gaps. Nope, we're GTG for WW3!

Tight landing here between towers with less than 1000 pounds payload.

Peters Mtn.png

Always good to drop in on Colorado springs facility. Getting out with no load is still tough.

Cheyene Mtn.png

Cheyene Mtn-2.png

Cheyene Mtn-3.png

Off to Reno now.

Lots of mine shafts in NV but none here. Just a fun landing.

Reno.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sfojimbo, Same here. I also used the 172, but a month ago I obtained the F-35 Lightning II with its marvelous hovering capability I've visited just about all the cities and town and lately started a high speed high altitude covert-op recon of the major Russian cities.

This is a test Image below is CAK3 Delta Heritage Airpark, Delta, BC

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-2022-02-10-09-50-11-88.png

Edited by widgy

ACER AN517-54-700X laptop and installed MSFS under WIN 11 HDMI to 48" TV

Works real good lasts a long time. (former) Mooney M20E owner and driver. IFR Rated.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I went 'old school' and fired up the little C152. Departed KOSH, flew around the fine Wisconsin countryside, landed at Appleton and then an uneventful flight into Green Bay, skirting the storm clouds off to the West.

The more I fly it the more I really like my FV trim wheel. Makes things so much easier. And my upgraded GrassMonkey IR cam is a treat. Don't have to turn off my dining room's LED hanging fixture anymore.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hopped into the small but noble C152 and took a nice jaunt from Orlando straight East to the Canaveral skid strip. Kinda breezy today which added a small fun challenge to the flight.

• 2 weeks later...