New Where did you fly today

The original thread had lots of interest, but is getting too large.

A short flight from Phillipsburg, Kansas to Holdrege, Nebraska. You fly over Harlan County reservoir along the trip.

The airport at Phillipsburg did not work originally, but is now operative.

PBurg1.jpg

PBurg2.jpg

PBurg3.jpg

PBurg4.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been checking out the Swiss update which in my opinion is wunderbar! Took a short tour and landings around the Grindelwald area and other than a few huts missing near the sphinx, I was stoked.

Grindelwald.png

Kleine Scheidegg.png

Jungfraujoch2.png

Jungfraujoch1.png

I went back a week later to fly the Zermatt area and with real wx

it was socked in! Decided to run what I brung so plotted a RNAV got some good IFR with a trip down the valley and a bit of ice. If I had to run RNAV down the valley like that approach I would want a backup VOR or ADF to make sure the GPS had not been... "moved".

GS615.png

GS615-2.png

GS615-3.png

GS615-4.png

GS615-5.png

One more beach week! EDDE Erfurt Germany to LEMH, the island of Menorca. Finally, later that day, departing for a short leg over to Sardinia.

EDDE1.jpg

EDDE2.jpg

LEMH1.jpg

LEMH2.jpg

LEMH3.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Nothing special today. Approach to Duluth KDLH.

RonM :)

KDLH.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

From Baggs/Diixon Wyoming to Fort Collins, Colorado, by way of Jelm/Foxpark Wyoming.

Baggs.jpg

Baggs2.jpg

Jelm.jpg

FC1.jpg

FC2.jpg

KVMR to KMCI.

BTW, the second shot of NW Douglas County, Nebraska, clearly shows where I lived 7 years ago. Even at 29,0000 feet, I could get within 50 feet of the exact location.

KVMR.jpg

Doug1.jpg

KVMR2.jpg

KVMRtoKCMI.jpg

KVMRtoKMCI2.jpg

Ugh, I'm so jealous of you all. I haven't flown in a while because I've so much crap to do around the house. :mad:

I'm supposed to be learning the C208 in preparation for a bushtrip. I've flown GA for the last decade, so it's fun to do something new (provided that I have the time).

- Bitter kW

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

TBM930, rainbows and fog outside of Seattle.

15-30-20-60-A.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

KDEN to KSBS

I flew a G58 from KDEN to KSBS (Steamboat Springs) again today, per a Navigraph flight plan I first loaded into the World Map, and then went into the NXi's MFD to clear it of several waypoints that didn't belong in it. I'm not sure how/why they were inserted; they weren't in the FPL. The approach to Steamboat -- RNAV (GPS)-E -- got me to the general vicinity of KSBS, but not to directly to it. But after yesterday, I knew where to look. I followed ATC's instructions to "circle to land RWY 14." I would've preferred to land in the other direction as I was already well past that end of the airport and it would've been easier to set up for landing. As it turned out, I could've landed in either direction, as there was a crosswind. I only understood this when I saw which way the windsock was blowing -- after I landed. The landing was ugly. I turned on base too early, ended up wide to the right of the RWY turning on final, and had to do a lot of maneuvering and speed-dumping and so forth to make the RWY. I didn't contend well with the crosswind and landed partially on the grass. But nevertheless with no damage to the aircraft (on medium MSFS settings). I made a video. Obviously, I need to learn how to land while crabbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Oops. Accidentally posted the above twice; couldn’t delete the duplicate on my iPhone by cutting it, so had to replace it with this. Edited by Aptosflier
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

KDEN to KSBS

I flew a G58 from KDEN to KSBS (Steamboat Springs) again today, per a Navigraph flight plan I first loaded into the World Map, and then went into the NXi's MFD to clear it of several waypoints that didn't belong in it. I'm not sure how/why they were inserted; they weren't in the FPL. The approach to Steamboat -- RNAV (GPS)-E -- got me to the general vicinity of KSBS, but not to directly to it. But after yesterday, I knew where to look. I followed ATC's instructions to "circle to land RWY 14." I would've preferred to land in the other direction as I was already well past that end of the airport and it would've been easier to set up for landing. As it turned out, I could've landed in either direction, as there was a crosswind. I only understood this when I saw which way the windsock was blowing -- after I landed. The landing was ugly. I turned on base too early, ended up wide to the right of the RWY turning on final, and had to do a lot of maneuvering and speed-dumping and so forth to make the RWY. I didn't contend well with the crosswind and landed partially on the grass. But nevertheless with no damage to the aircraft (on medium MSFS settings). I made a video. Obviously, I need to learn how to land while crabbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing?

Bank manager might disagree, though... ;)

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing?

Bank manager might disagree, though... ;)

Only if your insurance has lapsed!

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

Just flying around CYTZ in Toronto Ontario

Hey Doods:

I fly this area as well. Have you noticed the anomaly in Mississauga, just West of the airport (12 mi).

Miss-anom.jpg

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

KJAC Jackson Hole Wyoming to KWYS West Yellowstone Montana. Beautiful mountains, lakes and rivers. In the Diamond DA-40. No screen pics from me, sorry.

Fly it as low as you dare to enjoy the scenery. Fly beside the mountains not over them. I think I stayed to a max of 9000 ft after the takeoff at over 6000. I diverged from the direct flight line to go roughly straight N to fly along the front of the Grand Tetons. Then turned to NW later. Nice long runways at both ends.

Pat