How to install Update 5?

I can't install update 5. When MSFS 2020 loads I get the message that a mandatory update is required and should be loaded from the Store. When I go to the Store, it doesn't show an update button but instead says I own MSFS 2020 and it is installed. Only a play button is shown and when I click on it the process starts all over again. Any help much appreciated.

Hi, make sure you update everything in the store.. I think the main thing is the Xbox app. You need this to install SU5. You’ve probably got this already (as it’s included in Windows 10) but you may need to update it.

Then click on MSFS (standard edition) and the update should appear within a few seconds.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Also you may have to sign out of your Microsoft account, reboot and re-sign in. I have to do that on occasion to see any updates show up to download.

Finally, if all else fails and you still don't see an update, try this:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sent-to-microsoft-store-while-launching-msfs/406577/32

^^Apparently Microsoft's gaming services sees duplicate entries for whatever reason and you have to remove both and then reboot and just one will install. This I also have to do on occasion. FYI I do have the DVD version.

Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals