RAZBAM Metroliner III Causes FSX Crash

MetroAir1721

Hello, I recently bought and installed [RAZBAM SA227-BC Metroliner III FSX+P3D Bundle] directly from the RAZBAM website store. I installed it just as I have all my other downloaded airplanes; however, this particular airplane causes FSX to crash as soon as I select Ok when choosing the aircraft in Free Flight mode, or when double clicking on the aircraft. None of my other downloaded, or stock FSX, airplanes cause this issue.

I'm working on a brand new FSX install. I've taken all other downloaded aircraft out of my SimObjects > Airplanes folder and only left the RAZBAM Metroliner in there. I get three files to install from the purchase: FSX, Docs, and P3D. At first I installed FSX and Docs, but that didn't work. I deleted them and just installed FSX, but that didn't work either. I went into the airplane folder and deleted all of the other liveries (skins) that I didn't want, but that didn't fix the issue either.

I've tried contacting RAZBAM directly via their store page and social media; however, I have not received any response from them. I've searched the internet high and low trying to find a solution to this to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can provide some assistance. As cliche as it sounds, I have a CJO coming up and will be assigned to a Metroliner if all goes well. I'm trying to use this opportunity to learn more about the airplane before I get to the real simulators. Thanks in advance for anyone that provide assistance.

What does the crash report say? Faulting Module? I would go through the install instructions looking for anything related to putting a file or module into the Main FSX folder having to do with cockpit key-click sounds.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

RAZBAM aside for a minute, always makes me wonder how companies can sell a product that people have problems with or don't work but the website never has a problem taking the money, and often does paying it back.

I'm talking in general not just RAXBAM.

Col.

FYI, RAZBAM ceased operating in 2018 for any sim other than DCS.

Where did you get the Metroliner from? And when?

They DO still offer FSX-spec via their website., but no support.

What does the crash report say? Faulting Module? I would go through the install instructions looking for anything related to putting a file or module into the Main FSX folder having to do with cockpit key-click sounds.

Oh and they EXPRESSLY state as such on their website:

However, the team has stepped away from developing for the aged Flight Simulator X, and into the split future of flight simulations: Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (for civil aircraft) and Eagle Dynamics' Digital Combat Simulator (for military aircraft).

https://razbamsimulations.com/