I don't know when it happened but I noticed that I was getting 81 to 124 FPS over most everywhere in MSFS

it surprised me so I tried flying over Manhattan and I got from 61 to 80 FPS in that area and that's with

settings on ultra with the three sliders at 170.

Is anybody getting that kind of FPS?

I did upgrade my processor to a Ryzen 9 5900X but didn't expect frame rates that high.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

I don't know when it happened but I noticed that I was getting 81 to 124 FPS over most everywhere in MSFS

it surprised me so I tried flying over Manhattan and I got from 61 to 80 FPS in that area and that's with

settings on ultra with the three sliders at 170.

Is anybody getting that kind of FPS?

I did upgrade my processor to a Ryzen 9 5900X but didn't expect frame rates that high.

Once you get past 35 or so FPS what does it matter? Your eyes certainly can't tell the difference. Can we say "Bragware?"

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Once you get past 35 or so FPS what does it matter? Your eyes certainly can't tell the difference. Can we say "Bragware?"

This very much depends on the person as many can very well tell the difference between 30, 60 and higher FPS. And comparing it to TV and movie frame rates is not a good comparison as they use other tricks to make things look smooth.

To the OP all I can say is "Good Onya Mate!".

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

:D Not bragging just wondering if the last update had anything to do with the better frame rates.

I certainly wasn't getting that many when I first installed the new chip.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

The rumor is they dumbed the sim down to be able to run on XBOX with update VI. There's also a setting now to precache the off screen scenery that may have a effect on frame rates. Check if it's maxed out.

...and stop bragging :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

The rumor is they dumbed the sim down to be able to run on XBOX with update VI.

I could tell they dumbed down the graphics even with my brief few days of having it before WU6 hit. I'm VERY disappointed that Asobo didn't keep our PC version higher quality for we enthusiasts with PCs. To lower the bar just for XB1 just sucks, but I know MS is more about $ales than what a niche group of users like we simmers think.

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

I could tell they dumbed down the graphics even with my brief few days of having it before WU6 hit. I'm VERY disappointed that Asobo didn't keep our PC version higher quality for we enthusiasts with PCs. To lower the bar just for XB1 just sucks, but I know MS is more about $ales than what a niche group of users like we simmers think.

One more reason to affirm that making us PC users cross-play with XBox users has been a nightmare for us, that I wish never had happened.

This is my 3rd post on this matter, all for different reasons. I hope there will be no more!!

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

False rumor. Nothing has been dumbed down. Many simmers had problems with SU5, but the subsequent patch and WU6 corrected this for most users, and a whole bunch of posters have reported that for them, MSFS is now better than ever (especially the graphics). This has been my own experience as well -- i am seeing crisper scenery with higher frame rates that I have ever seen before (50-60 FPS practically everywhere). Any deliberate lowering of graphics would be noticed, certainly by those with mid- to high end systems, and this has emphatically not happened, despite problems reported by some. It is regrettable that anyone is unhappy, but the cause is simply not to be found in conspiracy theories.

Edited by cobalt

Depending on your monitor refresh rate, the fps above your refresh rate is wasted. I have my fps locked at 30. If I let it, it will exceed my 60 htz refresh rate. If you run a 21 inch monitor, you probably won't notice much benefit to high fps, especially at 1080p. If you run a 72 inch screen at 1440p, almost anyone would notice a difference.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

My judgement of performance is based more on smoothness rather than whatever numbers appear for FPS. After SU5 and WU6, I saw two things immediately: butter-smooth flight (which I had hardly ever seen before) and an increase in FPS from 25-20 to 50-60 (mostly 60, locked at that number) with superbly detailed graphics practically everywhere, even over NYC, London, and Paris. It blew me away, and still does!

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

Edited by cobalt

the rumor is they dumbed the sim down to be able to run on xbox with update vi. There's also a setting now to precache the off screen scenery that may have a effect on frame rates. Check if it's maxed out.

lol,lol,lol.

The rumor is they dumbed the sim down to be able to run on XBOX with update VI. There's also a setting now to precache the off screen scenery that may have a effect on frame rates. Check if it's maxed out.

I have off screen cashing set to ultra.