C172/Flaps staying on while taking off

I am using the stock C172 and each time I go to take off, the flaps show as being deployed. Image 1 shows it at takeoff. I use a button on my controller to put them back to zero.

0042.jpg

5 seconds later, they are showing as being deployed. Again, I reset them.

0043.jpg

I have taken off, and again, they are showing as deployed.

0044.jpg

What can I do to prevent this?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

If this happens on other planes too, there a few things to check:

AI Co-Pilot is switched off.

Flaps button is configured to extend and retract flaps incrementally.

No other button, switch or key is assigned to Flaps function.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Not sure about other planes, I only fly two :)

That being said (or typed), I've checked the settings you recommended, turned off anything related to the Co-Pilot, still occurs, however, only until the auto pilot is turned on.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

This can only be a controller or control assignment conflict - you have more than one button, switch, lever or key assigned to the flaps extend/retract function. If you use a joystick and an xbox controller for example, unplug the xbox controller and try again.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This can only be a controller or control assignment conflict - you have more than one button, switch, lever or key assigned to the flaps extend/retract function. If you use a joystick and an xbox controller for example, unplug the xbox controller and try again.

Hi Tim, I went and checked all 3 items, keyboard, mouse and Joystick. I deleted the joystick flap settings, leaving only the keyboard ones. There are only two, one to extend, one to retract.

Took off from NYC, same deal. However, once I got the autopilot going, all was well :)

Have you got any of the Assistance settings on by any chance? I've no idea why the Autopilot affects flap control unless it's coincidental somehow.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Have you got any of the Assistance settings on by any chance? I've no idea why the Autopilot affects flap control unless it's coincidental somehow.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

I turned off Assisted Takeoff and that did the trick!

Thanks for the suggestion :D