joystick not being recognized in FSX

I have a Thrustmaster joystick and throttle ( T-1600M Joystick and TWCS throttle combination) For some reason MSFS2020 has somehow disabled my computer from recognizing my joysticks when I play FSX . A couple of times previous if I had used MSFS2020 when I exited that and tried FSX my computer would not recognize my joysticks unless I restarted my computer .Then I was Ok . But now that doesn't doesn't even work >

Anyone ever experienced that or have any suggestions?

YESSS!! I am also experiencing the exact same issue. It is extremely frustrating, and I have not been able to figure how to fix it. I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick... it has worked flawlessly for years with "0" problems. Since the last MSFS2020 update, my joystick hat switch no longer works in FSX (Steam edition) and it often says controller is not connected properly. No reassignment controls are working either to map buttons on the hat switch. Extremely strange. :mad:

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

I don’t have a Logitech joystick, but I do have Logitech/Saitek panels. For them to work I had to install a plug-in from Logitech.

This (usually) launches in the background when I start up MSFS. Presumably it’s still running if I quit the sim. Probably stays on until I shutdown or reboot the pc.

Does your joystick also use an MSFS plugin? If so, then that might explain why the joystick doesn’t work afterwards in FSX, unless you reboot.

Rather than rebooting.. maybe you could try opening the task manager and see if there’s a Logitech program running. If so, stop it.. and try launching FSX.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Just tried FSX again , Joystick seems to be working again . I have control of the elevator , rudder , etc . But likely would have to re-assign all my buttons again . The only thing that doesn't seem to work is the throttle in put . It seems to be under full power . and moving the slider forward and backward seems to make no difference . I have a throttle slider on my joystick also . I can't control that either .

I have went to the calibration screen . I seem to be able to see it working there , but in the game it seems I have no control over the throttle .

g7rta .. Wasn't it you who said that this new MSFS 2020 was the greatest thing since sliced bread ? I think I'll have to totally disagree with you on that.

And I'm sure there are a lot of others that'll agree with ME

Well finally got it working in FSX in a kind of a way . My son uninstalled and re-installed new drivers . Not sure how much good it done . But got some computer recognition back on my joysticks . Got all my buttons re-assigned . Seem to be working right . The only thing that doesn't work is my throttle slider on the TWCS . But I have a throttle slider on my joystick which kind of works most times . Sometimes I have to keep playing with it to control the power . Sometimes it'll go to idle or go to full power all by itself .

Hi Sparky, are all the controls working as they should in FSX but not in FS2020?

I presume by the calibration screen.. you’re talking about the one built into windows (press your Windows key and type JOY.CPL) Presumably you’ve actually done the calibration? It’s very easy to do if not.

I didn’t say that exactly, but I really am enjoying FS2020. I’ve been using MS flight sims since FS4. I’ve been blown away by every one.. especially this one. Mind you, having a home cockpit and a VR headset probably helps.

Just seen your other post.. glad you’ve got it working. It looks like it was down to drivers then

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi Sparky, are all the controls working as they should in FSX but not in FS2020?"

No it's FSX I'm having trouble with . I think things work in 2020 . Most things seem to work in FSX now . Except the throttle , My throttle won't work at all as far as power is concerned . All the buttons on the throttle seem ok ,except for the slider. The throttle on the joystick seems to work somewhat . But it still seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes. Goes to full power or goes to idle all by its self . then I have to play with it to get it back

“ Goes to full power or goes to idle all by its self”

That tells me you’ve got a duplicate control somewhere. I’d check all your controls.. have you got another joystick or game pad etc which might have a throttle axis set… or possibly something set to “cut throttle”

Regards

Steve

No , Only got the Thrustmaster joystick and throttle , which I've had for about 4 years . This problem seemed to pop up out of the blue about 3 weeks ago . I've got it mostly working now . with FSX . The only thing that doesn't work is the throttle slider on my TWCS throttle . I have to use the throttle slider on my joystick base . I haven't tried msfs 2020 for awhile , as I'm trying to finish something with FSX ,and don't want the problem to pop up again by using 2020. At first I thought it might be just my own computer and/or joysticks , but when Hardcub said he had the same problem . it sort of told me that ,that MSFS 2020 caused some kind of a conflict somehow