Ground Services "Unavailable"

For some unknown reason (to me, at least), Ground Services have become unavailable...After taxiing to the gate (KSFO, for example) I click on GS, but no matter which service I request it is always "unavailable."...Same story at every airport...I checked the Options menu and Menu Animations is "On." (in case it affects GS)...Does anyone know a way I can get GS back in operation? It's always functioned properly, until now...

Also, I've been successfully using the "LVFR AREX-na" add-on (which dresses-up the vehicles) for quite awhile, but removing it from the Community folder doesn't bring back the trucks and equipment...

Thanks in advance, for all suggestions...

Lee Graves

Hi Lee,

there is currently a shortage of ground crew due to covid :)

I don’t know if it would affect ground services, but have you checked number of aircraft vehicles in the traffic options? Maybe it’s connected? I’m not at home right now so can’t check

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Lee,

there is currently a shortage of ground crew due to covid :)

I don’t know if it would affect ground services, but have you checked number of aircraft vehicles in the traffic options? Maybe it’s connected? I’m not at home right now so can’t check

Regards

Steve

This made me spit out my drink laughing. I work for a major airline and I do hiring for front line employees both above and below the wing and yes, there is a shortage. It has very hard to hire right now for us. With that being said, any of you want to work for an airline, direct message me and I can let you know where we are hiring. This is for US only, sorry. :)

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

(From Steve: "Hi Lee, there is currently a shortage of ground crew due to covid")...

Thanks Steve. for that bit of realism I didn't realize was included ih MSFS' Option choices...How many workers do you think I need to hire to get ground services back in action?

Lee Graves

Hi Lee, I honestly don’t know if that is the cause of your problem but easiest way to check would be to move the sliders up.

I’m at work at the moment (night shift) so I can’t experiment with it myself.. but this is my last shift for a few nights :)

Mind you.. I need to move to the US and ask DisneyFlyer for a job LOL

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi Lee,

just had a play around with my settings. Moving the sliders appears to make no difference in regards to this.

There are several posts on ground services on the avsim forum.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/599385-what-happened-to-ground-services/

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve--I'm checking it out and still looking for a way to get my Ground Services crew back to work...

Lee Graves

(Ryzen 5 3600 cpu; ASUS ROG B-550-F MB; 32 GB Corsair memory; GeForce 2060 video card; Sabrent 1 TB SSD; ASUS 27" Gaming Monitor; Updated Win 10; ANTEC case)

No worries. Hope you manage to sort it.

Regards

Steve