Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MS has charged me for Xbox!

Default MS has charged me for Xbox!

This is the latest of a series of shambolic actions by Microsoft.
    A few days ago I went through the Xbox hoops to get my MSFS to update. Today I have found that MS have charged me an annual subscription to Xbox. £43.20! - for what??
    I do not have Xbox, and I do not want Xbox - so why the charge? My MSFS is computer based as it has been from the start.
    Microsoft, aide and abetted, by Asobo, has gone completely downhill in my opinion.
    Has anyone else been treated like this?
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbird View Post
    Today I have found that MS have charged me an annual subscription to Xbox. £43.20! - for what??
    If you bought MSFS through Xbox Game Pass for £1 and didn't cancel the subscription in time, the £43.20 is your annual Game Pass subscription. There are full instructions on how to cancel it here:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ect.%20More%20
    You'll then have to buy MSFS outright from either MS Store or Steam.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Thank you for that link Tim, but I haven't made my position clear.
    I bought the Premier de luxe edition from Microsoft on 8th August 2020. The updating process always went smoothly (for me, anyway) until the Xbox release. Then the trouble started. Something I did to get up and running again must have triggered the charge by MSFT.
    I repeat - I do not want Xbox.
    Frank

Have you already tried the obvious, namely talking to Microsoft Customer Support?

Here is a link to their numbers -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-ae213d63eef0
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Thank you for that suggestion. The virtual agent there is useless. I will try phoning later.
    Frank

Hi Frank, hope you get it sorted.
    One thing though.. the Xbox brand is for PC titles as well as the actual Xbox console. I don’t have an Xbox either, but I still have the Xbox app installed. I believe you have to have the Xbox app now, to update the sim. You shouldn’t be charged anything for it though.
    Good luck

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Something I did to get up and running again must have triggered the charge by MSFT.
    I repeat - I do not want Xbox.
    It's very easy to cancel the subscription, you can do that at your own PC: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ect.%20More%20
    Getting your £43.20 refunded is another matter and you'll need to call one of the numbers in chicagorandy's link.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

If you used a credit card could you not dispute the charges??
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

This is the latest of a series of shambolic actions by Microsoft.
    A few days ago I went through the Xbox hoops to get my MSFS to update. Today I have found that MS have charged me an annual subscription to Xbox. £43.20! - for what??
    I do not have Xbox, and I do not want Xbox - so why the charge? My MSFS is computer based as it has been from the start.
    Microsoft, aide and abetted, by Asobo, has gone completely downhill in my opinion.
    Has anyone else been treated like this?
    Frank
    Once again, it becomes evident how unfortunate has been for us PC Users to be forced to cross-playing with XBox users since Sim Update 5, and this time I'm not meaning the lots of things such update broke in the sim, in order to make it XBox compatible.

SU5 was a nightmare for PC users of MSFS, which better had never happened.
    Last edited by danbiosca; 09-20-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    I believe you have to have the Xbox app now, to update the sim.
    No way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast