Loading Multiple Waypoints into GPS

ctaranovich

Hello, is it possible to load more than one waypoint (an intersection) into the GPS? From what I see, I can only load one waypoint at a time.

My goal is to manually enter the waypoints for an RNAV approach procedure into the GPS. I’m aware I can load the approaches from the GPS, but 10 years later many of these approaches contained within FSX have changed, new ones added, etc.

Thank you for your help!

You can add one or more points to a GPS routing by using Flight Planer entry rather than GPS entry.

1. From the Free Flight screen, click on Flight Planner.

2. Enter your origin and destination.

3. Click on Find Route.

4. On that screen, using your mouse, drag the route line on the map to near your next point (it only has to be close).

5. Then on the righthand side of the screen, double click the waypoint you just entered in order to open the Edit Waypoint screen.

6. From there you can numerically edit the coordinates to the exact location you want and give it a name.

7. Click on okay on both that screen and the next screen.

8. Save your route.

When you go fly, the multiple point route will be in the GPS.

You can add one or more points to a GPS routing by using Flight Planer entry rather than GPS entry.

1. From the Free Flight screen, click on Flight Planner.

2. Enter your origin and destination.

3. Click on Find Route.

4. On that screen, using your mouse, drag the route line on the map to near your next point (it only has to be close).

5. Then on the righthand side of the screen, double click the waypoint you just entered in order to open the Edit Waypoint screen.

6. From there you can numerically edit the coordinates to the exact location you want and give it a name.

7. Click on okay on both that screen and the next screen.

8. Save your route.

When you go fly, the multiple point route will be in the GPS.

Awesome, thank you Ray!