FRUSTRATED!! MSFS not responding to throttle but shows it is working

HOWDY!! I'm new and while I'm new at the sim I'm not new to life and the various problems and situations that we encounter. Let me begin by mentioning, in my lifetime I've never taken the time to enjoy a sim on my pc. I bought MSFS 2020 thinking it might be fun and I got sucked in and love every minute I spend with this simulator. I currently have over 50 hours of training time as I repeatedly do the lessons just to hone my skills. Now, the joy is slipping away out of pure frustration.

Until a week ago I had been using the keyboard for throttle commands but two days prior to the mandatory update (1.19.8.0) being fully installed, the keyboard/throttle action stopped working. The sim could not be used until the mandatory download was completed. Later in the day, I received the Bravo throttle quadrant. This was installed and the sim started and everything, as far as I know, resumed working including the throttle.

I also downloaded Air Manager.

The sim and throttle worked fine for one go-round of flight when a powered USB multi-port was delivered and the sim placed on pause while the add-ons were plugged into the powered USB ports and the main plug from the powered USB multi-port then inserted in the pc. The sim stopped recognizing the throttle. I closed out of the sim and restarted the pc, reset the throttle and mixture settings as before and still, nothing. I tried removing the power USB ports and used the ports on the pc and that did nothing to end the issue then removed them from the pc and went back to using the powered USB multi-port system.

These are the steps taken to try to resolve the condition: I removed the default settings and renamed the quadrant, using #2 position on quadrant for the throttle in GA-single engine, as per Honeycomb diagram and youtube.com video giving instructions. Next was to use position #3 for the mixture. In each circumstance the settings were removed, validated as removed, replaced with Left axis 2 and left axis 3, validated and closed after selecting validate changes at bottom of screen.

It has now been three days and I cannot figure how to get the throttle to work with the sim. When resetting the throttle and mixture, the graph shows a nice steady application of power and mixture but the sim, while saying it recognizes the throttle, does not.

I've removed all assistance and done more reset than I can count.

I'm not sure if Air Manager would mess with the sim.

I'm at my wits end, and after reading and tried everything found on this website and in viewing videos on youtube.com,

still have not found a solution. If someone out there could help it would be greatly appreciated. And please, do not lecture me on how if I did my homework I could find the answer. I'm worn down from trying to come up with something that works. I simply want to start flying again!! THANK YOU in advance. KEN

Edited by Whizzer

Hi Ken, sorry to hear you’re having problems. It’s a fantastic hobby and this new sim is the best fo far (in my opinion) but with so many variables in regards to software and hardware, problems are inevitable for many.

As for your problem.. one simple suggestion is that you plug the throttles directly into your pc rather than a hub. I presume you have tried this?

Edit: sorry, just read your post again. I see you’ve already tried this.

Have you tried calibrating the bravo within Windows? (press Windows key and search for joy.cpl)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Good morning to those who read this!! If there were ever a good time to post a cartoon of a dunce, it would be now.

I would like to apologize for the rant in the initial post but this old guy was definitely down and frustrated not having his pacifier, MSFS 2020, up and running.

The issue is solved!! HOO-RAY!!! Grandson #2 called and he and I went over things step by step although he has no familiarity with the program, he thought he might help. And help he did!

Turns out the old goat misunderstood the instructions from the video by Sporty's Pilot Store on youtube.com. I had watched the video but simply missed one thing. Grandson #2 offered some sage advice, "Pop-Pop, write the instructions down then walk through them when changing the settings for Bravo."

Well, I did just that and BINGO!! :cool:Found the step I was confusing/missed, and all was good again. The sun came out, I smiled, and then did something I had not done before. I opened a beer and flew from Sedona to Wickenburg!! Happy days are here again!!

I figure when I screw up to not only do it on a major scale but to acknowledge that I, not Honeycomb not MSFS2020, was the guilty party. I see there were many viewers of my frustration thread and I want to thank those who had hoped to help. You had good intentions but sometimes you just can't help those who need to help their self.

I'll go about my business now.

This has probably happened to ALL of us at one time especially with MSFS. We miss ONE step and the problems start :)

Glad it is working! I know that feeling well!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Bravo! :)

Glad you got it working again

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Congrats - We have ALL been there and done (and continue to do) that - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx