Unable to spawn at certain (large) airports - KORD, EGLL, etc

I've just noticed this. I can't load into certain airports anymore. KORD and KMDW in the Chicago area, and EGLL in England. I'm sure there are others. I get the splash screen and the blue bar makes it all the way to the right like usual, but then everything just stays like that until I use the Task Manager to end the program.

There are a couple of threads about this on the official forums, but no acknowledgement by Asobo on the issue or any indication that it might be fixed.

Anyone else? I do have rather low bandwidth for this program (~6 MBPS) so I wonder if that could be the issue.

Edited by dnpaul

I've just noticed this. I can't load into certain airports anymore. KORD and KMDW in the Chicago area, and EGLL in England. I'm sure there are others. I get the splash screen and the blue bar makes it all the way to the right like usual, but then everything just stays like that until I use the Task Manager to end the program.

There are a couple of threads about this on the official forums, but no acknowledgement by Asobo on the issue or any indication that it might be fixed.

Anyone else? I do have rather low bandwidth for this program (~6 MBPS) so I wonder if that could be the issue.

Most probably you've got installed Chicago Landmarks by Drzewiecki and London Landmarks by Orbx, both bought via Marketplace, don't you?

If you do, this is a well known issue caused by SimUpdate 5 and nobody knows if/when Asobo/MS will fix it. See my previous post on this matter: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?333743-Warning-on-Drzewiecki-add-ons

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Most probably you've got installed Chicago Landmarks by Drzewiecki and London Landmarks by Orbx, both bought via Marketplace, don't you?

If you do, this is a well known issue caused by SimUpdate 5 and nobody knows if/when Asobo/MS will fix it. See my previous post on this matter: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?333743-Warning-on-Drzewiecki-add-ons

No, no addons at all except the Aerosoft CRJ and the FBW A320.

I kinda think you may have answered your own question. Bandwidth is vital.

Maybe. But I can fly into these airports just fine. And if I successfully load into a nearby airport for a minute or two, I can then spawn at one of these big ones after that. Weird.