P40 Tomahawk

Anybody know how to land the P40 Tomahawk without flipping over? I read to manual, I been trying different things I know where the hydraulic pump switch is on the stick and been trying holding it down. What's the secret? I been landing aircraft in the FS9 and FSX and MSFS for years but this ones got my stumped. I just can't find anything on it I watched YouTube videos and it seems to work for others. Edited by usb777
I know I asked before

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Try reading through this thread on the official forums, you should find some useful links and tips:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/new-release-big-radials-p40-b-tomahawk/394440

Note that Big Radials insist that their flight model and ground handling is accurate and they're not going to change it...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I read that some people land without trouble but no answer to why I just want to flip over even if and when I find what I am doing wrong seems a little unrealistic shouldn't be that complicated I have hundreds of different aircraft from different designers in my simulators and something is wrong here.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I read that some people land without trouble but no answer to why I just want to flip over even if and when I find what I am doing wrong seems a little unrealistic shouldn't be that complicated I have hundreds of different aircraft from different designers in my simulators and something is wrong here.

I agree completely, but Big Radials don't - they insist that the flight model and ground handling is accurate. I haven't bought anything from them, they haven't impressed me at all.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I agree completely, but Big Radials don't - they insist that the flight model and ground handling is accurate. I haven't bought anything from them, they haven't impressed me at all.

Me either unfortunately we do not have as many choices like we have with FS9 and FSX being somewhat of a collector pride of ownerships comes before the crash Haa! I think my favorite design and it was free was the F86 from section eight. I have the IRIS P40 and though the virtual cockpit is lacking I found a nice 2D panel for if only if we could port some aircraft over to MSFS but I think the designers at Asobo are working against all the free add ons I suspect greed. Thank you for your input I do feel better knowing it isn't my limited experience.

Mike G.

I'm not familiar with the company so I can't comment on their simulation profile accuracy. Having said that, it sounds as though their sim might very well be correct.

Many of the RW WW II single engine fighter planes built by the US, Britain, and Germany as well were known as "Widow Makers" because of their torque reaction flips. (I don't know, but I'd assume the Japanese Zeros did that back then as well.) Too much engine torque was not counter balanced by the airflow over the wings at low airspeed. Torque won!!:eek::eek:

BTW: Using FSX or P3D I "flew" at least two WW II fighters, one if which was a Spitfire. They flipped exactly as I described at first. Remember these are hugely powerful aircraft compared to their weight or wing size!!

Try using a much lower power setting on all low speed operations than you do with other aircraft. Does it still flip? At least if you stall at low speed you already have your gear down and will still be "shiny side" up! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I have been trying the lower speed actually almost a stall like landing my Tomcats on a moving carrier. Surly it is something I must be missing but with the experiences I have had with the MSFS platform since buying it three months ago I can't be sure I have read about so many issues and bugs and all the aircraft so far I have been trying out fly like something out of the HiTech Creations Aces High. But I have landing me Stearman and Cessna without any trouble If it was happening to me in FSX I would suspect something in the airfile but I am reading others land without any trouble I can handle to torque I can get in the air. I don't know getting a little disappointed glad it was onle $25.00

Mike G.

There is something seriously amis with this aircraft. I can land every plane in my hanger this wants to flip over tried everything I think maybe the last update did something! Not sure but now a little angry because they took my money not fair! I have deleted and reinstalled it as well it acts like the brakes are on even though you turn them off once you are in the air. I have contacted thier website see if I get a response.

Mike G.

As a result of your post I've been watching a few YouTube flight reviews of this airplane. General consensus is that it is a realistic challenge to take off and land, but that it is quite flyable. I dunno?

Hope you get things sorted out. Good luck.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I can it it in the air but when I try to land it's like the wheels hit a pot hole.

Mike G.