Thermals for FS2004

Clinton 626

• 3 weeks later...

Gi'day Clinton,

With the recent "closure" of the SOAR website (https://www.virtualsoaring.org/) there doesn't appear to be any thermal generators available atm.

Condor Soaring (https://www.condorsoaring.com/), a dedicated gliding simulator, has an extensive collection of freeware sceneries available (including South Africa) if you don't want to glide in Slovenia.

Francisco Vargas has about 200+ random thermal sceneries available in the flightsim.com library (some a little buggier than others). But hey ...

Of course you can always produce your own; download the BGLComp SDK, it includes instructions for creating Thermal lift areas.

Happy Soaring,

Regards,

Dorian

Edited by caphavoc

Hi Dorian.

Thank you for replying. Yes i was actually looking for a "thermal Generator" but guessed that it

should be difficult to find. But I will definitely will have a look at Condor 2. Just the fact that they

have made it so that different areas can give you lift as in real life is a real bones. Just have to save

up for a proper pc and controls again lol. thats the reason I am back to fs2004 after being used to

FSX... blown motherboard.

I have to take my hat of for the team that developed FSX. They have done such a good job that it

took many years for the competition to catch up! And now it seems they did, but the pc you need

for it now cost the same as a second hand car.

Anyhow, it was nice of you to reply... again thank you. :cool: