Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WHY IT'S ME? The photogrammetry problem

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    Also, have you by chance, enabled data limiting or a data cap in the settings? Do you have a data throttle from your ISP?
    He did mention his data setting was configured as unlimited.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Miahflyer View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply again, when I flew over new york city it was all autogen graphics
    nothing like the picture you have posted.Attachment 227265
    It looks like you don't have the USA World Update fully installed - are you sure you have nothing left to download and install in your Content Manager, such as “USA POINTS OF INTEREST” and “USA - PROCEDURAL BUILDINGS”?
    Last edited by tiger1962; 09-13-2021 at 03:01 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

I have the same problem, or so it appears. There seems to be something wrong with the photogrammetry in New York City. With photogrammetry and Bing graphics turned on, the buildings look good but do not have the ultra-realistic appearance they have in the video you posted; instead they seem more autogen-like, albeit well done. Also, Freedom Tower is missing. I have no add-ons in Community.
    I know that the photogrammetry is actually on, because waterfront items such as piers do show up (and disappear when photogrammetry is turned off).
    All six of the World Updates are up to date in Content Manager. Photogrammetry does work in European cities such as Paris and Vienna. Any ideas? I do think there is a problem here.
    Last edited by cobalt; 09-14-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    I have the same problem, or so it appears. There seems to be something wrong with the photogrammetry in New York City. With photogrammetry and Bing graphics turned on, the buildings look good but do not have the ultra-realistic appearance they have in the video you posted; instead they seem more autogen-like, albeit well done. Also, Freedom Tower is missing. I have no add-ons in Community.
    I know that the photogrammetry is actually on, because waterfront items such as piers do show up (and disappear when photogrammetry is turned off).
    All six of the World Updates are up to date in Content Manager. Photogrammetry does work in European cities such as Paris and Vienna. Any ideas? I do think there is a problem here.
    Here's a tip from the official forums on Photogrammetry:

"Cycle your Photogrammetry off, save, then back on and save.
    Also the same for live data, and delete your cache and re-create while your at it.

It's very common post update to have either the live streaming data turned off or just not work post update, even when its on. Cycling the settings helps."

I suspect it's deleting the cache and then recreating it that actually does the trick, but it's all worth a try.
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Deleting the cache did it! (I don't even use cache -- at least not intentionally -- so this seems odd, but it worked). Many thanks! I hope the OP of this thread sees this.

Sorry, me again. I think there really is a problem with the photogrammetry, at least in the NYC area. Deleting the cache fixed it (as I reported earlier), but only temporarily. When I left MSFS and re-started, the same issue returned: photogrammetry would not work. This time, I had to turn off the on-line functionality and then back on, to see it. I have never had this problem before. Hopefully a patch will fix it.

Hi!, Thank you for trying to help us and I have also tried the cycling method but no success and I can not see what else can be done apart from formatting the hard disk drive and reinstalling everything. Regards

I don't fly over NYC, so I have not seen this problem, but I suspect it has to do with the last "optimization" to increase frame rates. After the last "optimization", I noticed a severe stuttering on takeoff and landing, but it disappears after I get 20 feet of the ground?? Like Cobalt says, I would wait for a patch. I think the last "optimization" introduced more problems than it solved issues.
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Miahflyer View Post
    Hi!, Thank you for trying to help us and I have also tried the cycling method but no success and I can not see what else can be done apart from formatting the hard disk drive and reinstalling everything. Regards
    Try this procedure as recommended by Orbx:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Try this procedure as recommended by Orbx:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder
    I can not thank you enough for your efforts to help me and others. I had follow the ORBX recommendations
    that you kindly provided but unfortunately it didn't work. Could there be some problem with my hardware settings - no clue at all thank you again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast