WHY IT'S ME? The photogrammetry problem

H!, Happy flyers I wonder that since nobody complains about the photogrammetry problem that I have, I am really annoyed. Initially

I could not upgrade to W6 from the ms store so I re installed the sim up to the current version and it was working but the sceneries are all

AUTOGEN no photogrammetry ones I checked the setting in the data section and toggle between ON and OFF photogrammetry option

nothing happened. Then I restored my PC from my back up device up to the msfs 2020 version World update 4. Then I started the sim

and it says update from the ms store and I followed a thread suggesting to run xbox app. and then upgrade it from ms store which I did and

the sim upgraded and I installed the rest of the updates from Marketplace. Now the same problem NO PHOTOGRAMMETRY sceneries

So please kindly give me the reason if anybody any and of any remedies you have got. Thanks

Hmm, if you've made sure that the Photo (cannot think of the extact term, but it is under the Data section is turned on (Bing maps etc...) then I would see if you have a data limit, which might prevent you from downloading the files.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

If you can switch Photogrammetry On or Off, and the option isn't greyed out and unclickable, then Photogrammetry MUST be installed. Check that you definitely have Photogrammetry and Data switched on and try a flight over New York city.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you for your reply I checked and checked again , also flew over new york city but I can not include

a screen shot because I coulnot resize it. You also mentioned that photogrammetry MUST installed but

I have no idea how to do that since the upgrade didn't install it so if please share with me how to install or reinstall thr photogrammetry. Thank you very much

You also mentioned that photogrammetry MUST installed but

I have no idea how to do that since the upgrade didn't install it

Sorry I meant that if you can switch Photogrammetry On or Off, and the option isn't greyed out and unclickable, then you definitely have Photogrammetry installed. It should look like this:

nyc.jpg

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Have you looked on the help page on the Microsoft forums?

If you go to the page that submits a support ticket you will be able to see if anyone else has posted this issue.

The thing you need to do is ask yourself the question "is this issue only happen ending to me or is this a wider issue"?. Troubleshooting 101.

Next you have to actually think about what has changed in your environment, for example, have you had any windows updates, or have you even checked internet connectivity. Simple things but important.

Obviously this is not a setting in the Sim so you need to start thinking wider and look at what has changed outside of the sim and once you have exhausted yiur options then you need to send a support ticket that's what they are their for. Then in the meantime you can still ask questions to see if people can offer any help.

This should help get you back in the right track.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Oh and don't forget to actually note what you have done specifically so when you log a ticket you can describe what you have done because nobody can read your mind so you need to articulate yourself well. Edited by kelvinr

Also, have you by chance, enabled data limiting or a data cap in the settings? Do you have a data throttle from your ISP?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thank you very much for your reply again, when I flew over new york city it was all autogen graphics

nothing like the picture you have posted.[ATTACH=CONFIG]227265[/ATTACH]

It looks like you don't have the USA World Update fully installed - are you sure you have nothing left to download and install in your Content Manager, such as “USA POINTS OF INTEREST” and “USA - PROCEDURAL BUILDINGS”?

Edited by tiger1962

I have the same problem, or so it appears. There seems to be something wrong with the photogrammetry in New York City. With photogrammetry and Bing graphics turned on, the buildings look good but do not have the ultra-realistic appearance they have in the video you posted; instead they seem more autogen-like, albeit well done. Also, Freedom Tower is missing. I have no add-ons in Community.

I know that the photogrammetry is actually on, because waterfront items such as piers do show up (and disappear when photogrammetry is turned off).

All six of the World Updates are up to date in Content Manager. Photogrammetry does work in European cities such as Paris and Vienna. Any ideas? I do think there is a problem here.

Edited by cobalt

I have the same problem, or so it appears. There seems to be something wrong with the photogrammetry in New York City. With photogrammetry and Bing graphics turned on, the buildings look good but do not have the ultra-realistic appearance they have in the video you posted; instead they seem more autogen-like, albeit well done. Also, Freedom Tower is missing. I have no add-ons in Community.

I know that the photogrammetry is actually on, because waterfront items such as piers do show up (and disappear when photogrammetry is turned off).

All six of the World Updates are up to date in Content Manager. Photogrammetry does work in European cities such as Paris and Vienna. Any ideas? I do think there is a problem here.

Here's a tip from the official forums on Photogrammetry:

"Cycle your Photogrammetry off, save, then back on and save.

Also the same for live data, and delete your cache and re-create while your at it.

It's very common post update to have either the live streaming data turned off or just not work post update, even when its on. Cycling the settings helps."

I suspect it's deleting the cache and then recreating it that actually does the trick, but it's all worth a try.

Sorry, me again. I think there really is a problem with the photogrammetry, at least in the NYC area. Deleting the cache fixed it (as I reported earlier), but only temporarily. When I left MSFS and re-started, the same issue returned: photogrammetry would not work. This time, I had to turn off the on-line functionality and then back on, to see it. I have never had this problem before. Hopefully a patch will fix it.

I don't fly over NYC, so I have not seen this problem, but I suspect it has to do with the last "optimization" to increase frame rates. After the last "optimization", I noticed a severe stuttering on takeoff and landing, but it disappears after I get 20 feet of the ground?? Like Cobalt says, I would wait for a patch. I think the last "optimization" introduced more problems than it solved issues.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Hi!, Thank you for trying to help us and I have also tried the cycling method but no success and I can not see what else can be done apart from formatting the hard disk drive and reinstalling everything. Regards

Try this procedure as recommended by Orbx:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder

Try this procedure as recommended by Orbx:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files:

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

4. Do not add anything to the Community folder

I can not thank you enough for your efforts to help me and others. I had follow the ORBX recommendations

that you kindly provided but unfortunately it didn't work. Could there be some problem with my hardware settings - no clue at all thank you again.

You're welcome, and I'm sure this isn't a hardware issue. Do you have any scenery add-ons for New York or any other cities installed? If so, remove them temporarily and try again.

Same here. The Orbx changes do not fix it. Nor did the latest MSFS patch that came out today. In fact, the problem is worse than ever -- there is severe stuttering/pausing on the ground, regardless of whether photogrammetry is on or off! (Before, it was only a problem when it was on). I have nothing in Community, so it is not an add-on problem. I will add that once the plane is well off the ground the problem disappears and I have FPS 50-60 most places.

One curious note: before today, whenever I turned photogrammetry on or off, there was a pause of a minute or two while the change was made; now, it is instantaneous -- no pause at all. Any idea what is going on here?

Edited by cobalt

Same here. The Orbx changes do not fix it. Nor did the latest MSFS patch that came out today. In fact, the problem is worse than ever -- there is severe stuttering/pausing on the ground, regardless of whether photogrammetry is on or off! (Before, it was only a problem when it was on). I have nothing in Community, so it is not an add-on problem. I will add that once the plane is well off the ground the problem disappears and I have FPS 50-60 most places.

One curious note: before today, whenever I turned photogrammetry on or off, there was a pause of a minute or two while the change was made; now, it is instantaneous -- no pause at all. Any idea what is going on here?

Try disabling the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager, then re-launch the sim.

Check that you have Data and Photogrammetry switched ON, then enable the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager again.

Try disabling the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager, then re-launch the sim.

Check that you have Data and Photogrammetry switched ON, then enable the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager again.

The story is complicated. I tried your suggestion, and at first saw no change; in fact the extreme sluggishness at ground level was there even with photogrammetry turned off -- weird. However, on retrying the sim later, I find that I am now back to where I was last week, i.e., performance is great as long as photogrammetry is turned off. There seem to be two issues: the photogrammetry (obviously) but also a server problem, as some have suggested. The latter issue seems to be intermittent. MSFS is a pain at times, but when it's working right it is magnificent. Anyway, thanks for your help

Hello, and thank you, you are still trying to help us. I am a bit confused here if you have mentioned to disable some sceneries for which I went to content manager and when I selected the sceneries I didn't see any option to disable them only you can delate them. So please kindly tell me if I need to delate files. Thanks.