WHY IT'S ME? The photogrammetry problem

Yes delete the Cities sceneries (sorry for the confusion) then re-launch the sim and check that Data and Photogrammetry are both ON, then go back to Content Manager where the Cities sceneries will be available to download again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes delete the Cities sceneries (sorry for the confusion) then re-launch the sim and check that Data and Photogrammetry are both ON, then go back to Content Manager where the Cities sceneries will be available to download again.

Thank you again Mr.Tim I am sorry to inform you that it didn't work for me but I hope that your suggestions might have had helped some simmers like me. the things I have had done are 1) Delated the 3 WU Japan,UK and US and close the sim.2) After a while again launched the sim and no change in

graphics EDITED screenshot.png ( flew over Barlin city) 3) Then came to main (world map) screen reinstalled the 3 delated updates and fly again but no luck. with regards.

No I just closed the sim and the about 20 min. later I launched the game. Thanks for reply

I would delete your items (the one's that you were suggested to delete), then reboot, reinstall and them reboot again,

May or may not make a difference, but I have had MSFS suddenly start to behave AFTER a reboot :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

OK, this is Cobalt again. I simply cannot get photogrammetry to work, at least in New York City and Paris (my test cases). The sceneries look exactly the same regardless of whether photogrammetry is turned on or off, even with an empty Community folder. I have tried the cycling routine (turn photogrammetry off - exit MSFS - turn it back on - etc.) but this makes no difference, except for one thing: when photogrammetry is turned on, I get stutters when the plane is on or near the ground, but otherwise not; when photogrammetry is turned off, this problem disappears. Therefore, having photogrammetry turned on is clearly doing something, albeit a negative thing!

I believe this is likely a server problem, do you agree? in any case, since NYC, Paris, London and everywhere else look great to me without photogrammetry, especially with all the wonderful add-ons such as the NYC landmark scenery, I don't feel the need of it all that much anyway. Maybe the next Update will fix it; maybe not. It would be nice to have this fixed, but am not going to worry about it.

I flew over London today to admire the new HMS Belfast on flightsim.to, and London looks bloody awful with Photogrammetry on - at least on my PC which runs MSFS on Medium graphics. I'll switch it off again and get between 5 and 10 more FPS.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I flew over NYC a while okay, with photogrammetry turned off and on. I could not see ANY difference at all.

Something odd though, when I went to save my settings, it took nearly 15-20 seconds each time I turned it off (saved, viewed the results), then on (saved, view results)

Perhaps it is the servers?

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I flew over NYC a while okay, with photogrammetry turned off and on. I could not see ANY difference at all.

Something odd though, when I went to save my settings, it took nearly 15-20 seconds each time I turned it off (saved, viewed the results), then on (saved, view results)

Perhaps it is the servers?

Hi! First I thought only I am having the photogrammetry problem now it seems some more people

are having the same. How do we send feedback to ASOBO or Microsoft, since we do not have any hardware problems with our systems it is something wrong with the sim that needs to be addressed. Regards.

Hi! First I thought only I am having the photogrammetry problem now it seems some more people

are having the same. How do we send feedback to ASOBO or Microsoft, since we do not have any hardware problems with our systems it is something wrong with the sim that needs to be addressed. Regards.

Submit a report by selecting your issue from the drop-down menu and completing the form on the Zendesk homepage: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Just adding on to the thread, for some reason I had my photogrammetry turned off while flying over Jacksonville, FL. Turned it on, the results were night and day!

Again though, when I went to apply the settings, it took about 20 seconds to apply.

Still thinking servers?

• 2 weeks later...
Update -- I am now able to see photogrammetry in NYC and Paris -- looks good -- but I still have the same old problem that since SU5, when it is turned on, I get stuttering at or near the ground; otherwise not. For now, I am going with photogrammetry off and no stuttering, but I hope at some point I can have both!

I have the same issue, I have photogrammetry turned on, and stuttering on the ground. Like you, it only started after SU5.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to report that today's update did not fix this problem. I still have major stuttering on or near the ground when photogrammetry is turned on; once the plane is well off the ground, everything is smooth. I tried changing some settings (normally I have everything on ultra), and found that the stuttering is reduced when "low-end" graphics are selected, but that's not a solution for me! For now, I will just turn off photogrammetry and hope this gets fixed eventually.

I have an idea if you want to try. At this point it seems you have nothing to lose. Click setting and go to apps. find the app and click the 3 dots for advanced. there you should find "repair this app" click that and see what happens after it completes.

I hope this works for you.

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

Thanks, but at this point I don't think it is MSFS that is the problem -- it is the photogrammetry. This has been reported to Zendesk, and I assume it will be fixed in due course.

Kewl

Dell XPS8490 12 Gen 11700 up to 5 Ghz., 48Gb 3200 RAM, dedicated 512Gb M2 SSD, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Logitech Multi Panel, Logitech Throttle Quadrant (X2), Growing slowly but surely!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, but at this point I don't think it is MSFS that is the problem -- it is the photogrammetry. This has been reported to Zendesk, and I assume it will be fixed in due course.

I have the photogrammetry problem and I contacted Zendesk and they kindly emailed me 3 times with

different options to try to solve problem But unfortunately none the worked for. When I last replied to them after going through their third email, they replied that they would keep my ticket open and investigate this matter further. I am just hoping that they will contact me again But no idea if or when.

I suspect the repair will come in an update. Before SU5, photogrammetry worked fine. Something has changed, and it got worse with SU6. Since it worked before, it will be repaired in time.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 2 weeks later...