Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHY IT'S ME? The photogrammetry problem

You're welcome, and I'm sure this isn't a hardware issue. Do you have any scenery add-ons for New York or any other cities installed? If so, remove them temporarily and try again.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Same here. The Orbx changes do not fix it. Nor did the latest MSFS patch that came out today. In fact, the problem is worse than ever -- there is severe stuttering/pausing on the ground, regardless of whether photogrammetry is on or off! (Before, it was only a problem when it was on). I have nothing in Community, so it is not an add-on problem. I will add that once the plane is well off the ground the problem disappears and I have FPS 50-60 most places.

One curious note: before today, whenever I turned photogrammetry on or off, there was a pause of a minute or two while the change was made; now, it is instantaneous -- no pause at all. Any idea what is going on here?
    Last edited by cobalt; 09-17-2021 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Same here. The Orbx changes do not fix it. Nor did the latest MSFS patch that came out today. In fact, the problem is worse than ever -- there is severe stuttering/pausing on the ground, regardless of whether photogrammetry is on or off! (Before, it was only a problem when it was on). I have nothing in Community, so it is not an add-on problem. I will add that once the plane is well off the ground the problem disappears and I have FPS 50-60 most places.

One curious note: before today, whenever I turned photogrammetry on or off, there was a pause of a minute or two while the change was made; now, it is instantaneous -- no pause at all. Any idea what is going on here?
    Try disabling the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager, then re-launch the sim.
    Check that you have Data and Photogrammetry switched ON, then enable the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager again.
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Try disabling the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager, then re-launch the sim.
    Check that you have Data and Photogrammetry switched ON, then enable the UK, USA and Japan Cities sceneries in Content Manager again.
    The story is complicated. I tried your suggestion, and at first saw no change; in fact the extreme sluggishness at ground level was there even with photogrammetry turned off -- weird. However, on retrying the sim later, I find that I am now back to where I was last week, i.e., performance is great as long as photogrammetry is turned off. There seem to be two issues: the photogrammetry (obviously) but also a server problem, as some have suggested. The latter issue seems to be intermittent. MSFS is a pain at times, but when it's working right it is magnificent. Anyway, thanks for your help

Hello, and thank you, you are still trying to help us. I am a bit confused here if you have mentioned to disable some sceneries for which I went to content manager and when I selected the sceneries I didn't see any option to disable them only you can delate them. So please kindly tell me if I need to delate files. Thanks.

Yes delete the Cities sceneries (sorry for the confusion) then re-launch the sim and check that Data and Photogrammetry are both ON, then go back to Content Manager where the Cities sceneries will be available to download again.

Yes delete the Cities sceneries (sorry for the confusion) then re-launch the sim and check that Data and Photogrammetry are both ON, then go back to Content Manager where the Cities sceneries will be available to download again.
    Thank you again Mr.Tim I am sorry to inform you that it didn't work for me but I hope that your suggestions might have had helped some simmers like me. the things I have had done are 1) Delated the 3 WU Japan,UK and US and close the sim.2) After a while again launched the sim and no change in
    graphics Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDITED screenshot.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	454.9 KB 
ID:	227291 ( flew over Barlin city) 3) Then came to main (world map) screen reinstalled the 3 delated updates and fly again but no luck. with regards.

Did you reboot after the delete and after the reinstall?
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    Did you reboot after the delete and after the reinstall?
    No I just closed the sim and the about 20 min. later I launched the game. Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by Miahflyer View Post
    No I just closed the sim and the about 20 min. later I launched the game. Thanks for reply
    I would delete your items (the one's that you were suggested to delete), then reboot, reinstall and them reboot again,

May or may not make a difference, but I have had MSFS suddenly start to behave AFTER a reboot
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast