Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHY IT'S ME? The photogrammetry problem

Unhappy WHY IT'S ME? The photogrammetry problem

H!, Happy flyers I wonder that since nobody complains about the photogrammetry problem that I have, I am really annoyed. Initially
    I could not upgrade to W6 from the ms store so I re installed the sim up to the current version and it was working but the sceneries are all
    AUTOGEN no photogrammetry ones I checked the setting in the data section and toggle between ON and OFF photogrammetry option
    nothing happened. Then I restored my PC from my back up device up to the msfs 2020 version World update 4. Then I started the sim
    and it says update from the ms store and I followed a thread suggesting to run xbox app. and then upgrade it from ms store which I did and
    the sim upgraded and I installed the rest of the updates from Marketplace. Now the same problem NO PHOTOGRAMMETRY sceneries
    So please kindly give me the reason if anybody any and of any remedies you have got. Thanks

Hmm, if you've made sure that the Photo (cannot think of the extact term, but it is under the Data section is turned on (Bing maps etc...) then I would see if you have a data limit, which might prevent you from downloading the files.
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce GTX 1660, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler

Thank you for your reply I have checked again and again and also toggle between turning on and off
    for both bing map photogrammetry and my data limit is set UNLIMITED. I really don't know what else
    to do I already reinstalled the sim once.

If you can switch Photogrammetry On or Off, and the option isn't greyed out and unclickable, then Photogrammetry MUST be installed. Check that you definitely have Photogrammetry and Data switched on and try a flight over New York city.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Thank you for your reply I checked and checked again , also flew over new york city but I can not include
    a screen shot because I coulnot resize it. You also mentioned that photogrammetry MUST installed but
    I have no idea how to do that since the upgrade didn't install it so if please share with me how to install or reinstall thr photogrammetry. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Miahflyer View Post
    You also mentioned that photogrammetry MUST installed but
    I have no idea how to do that since the upgrade didn't install it
    Sorry I meant that if you can switch Photogrammetry On or Off, and the option isn't greyed out and unclickable, then you definitely have Photogrammetry installed. It should look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nyc.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	227264
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Thank you very much for your reply again, when I flew over new york city it was all autogen graphics
    nothing like the picture you have posted.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New York.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	451.3 KB 
ID:	227265

Have you looked on the help page on the Microsoft forums?

If you go to the page that submits a support ticket you will be able to see if anyone else has posted this issue.

The thing you need to do is ask yourself the question "is this issue only happen ending to me or is this a wider issue"?. Troubleshooting 101.

Next you have to actually think about what has changed in your environment, for example, have you had any windows updates, or have you even checked internet connectivity. Simple things but important.

Obviously this is not a setting in the Sim so you need to start thinking wider and look at what has changed outside of the sim and once you have exhausted yiur options then you need to send a support ticket that's what they are their for. Then in the meantime you can still ask questions to see if people can offer any help.

This should help get you back in the right track.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Oh and don't forget to actually note what you have done specifically so when you log a ticket you can describe what you have done because nobody can read your mind so you need to articulate yourself well.
    Last edited by kelvinr; 09-13-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Also, have you by chance, enabled data limiting or a data cap in the settings? Do you have a data throttle from your ISP?
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast