Moving Fs 2020 to new computer

Hi Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to move flight sim 2020 from my old dell computer to my new dell computer? It is the steam version. I only want to move flight sim 2020, Steam, and related files. Going to a faster processor, and larger SSD boot drive. Thanks in Advance. Al

You don't need to "move" it. MSFS can be installed on multiple computers. I don't know how Steam works, but the key element with MSFS is you can have it installed on multiple computers but only one (1) can fly at a time. You just install on the new computer as if it was your initial installation.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Your settings will be copied over to the new machine, with one exception (which I learned the hard way, lol), you have to copy your flight plans manually to the new machine.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

This will be easy with Steam. You add the app for Steam to the new PC. You login to Steam with the user and password that you already had on the older computer. Steam will connect and it will shoow all games and sims that you have purchased, in your 'library'. Then you select which to install and the downloads will start.

Of course with MSFS it will be a BIG download.

You don't need to "move" it. MSFS can be installed on multiple computers. I don't know how Steam works, but the key element with MSFS is you can have it installed on multiple computers but only one (1) can fly at a time. You just install on the new computer as if it was your initial installation.

I wished I knew this before buying stuff directly from DCS's website. The Steam route is waaaayyy more convenient.

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

• 2 years later...

It has been a few years now since I installed and activated MSFS. If I move to new computer, won't I need to reactivate it? What credentials will I need. I think all I used initially was a 25 character Gift Code and a 10 number Redeem Code. Will my Player number and email address be sufficient?

Thanks,

Seattlerust

58 minutes ago, seattlerust said:

It has been a few years now since I installed and activated MSFS. If I move to new computer, won't I need to reactivate it? What credentials will I need. I think all I used initially was a 25 character Gift Code and a 10 number Redeem Code. Will my Player number and email address be sufficient?

Thanks,

Seattlerust

You should just need your Xbox account info.  The settings will transfer over, should not need to activate.  You will need to manually move your Flight Plans, and any 3rd party items in your Community Folder

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality