Thread: PhotoReal Scenery

Default PhotoReal Scenery

Hi Everyone,

Decided to try my hand at photoreal. If you jump to five minutes into the video you'll see a Queens neighborhood.

Good to see you back, hope you are feeling better. I'm mixed on the photoreal. I tried it in the older sims, FS9 and FSX, but could never enjoy what felt (was) like flying over pictures. I do use Ortho4XP in a few areas, only because of the autogen layers. Even though they are generic, theres something about just having physical structures that I need. What I don't like is when you fly from an ortho area to a default. XP is on my 500GB SSD, and I keep my scenery on a 1TB HDD, so I cant really cover everything.

Hi,

I'm feeling good, thanks for asking. Since I spend about 100% of my time in the 737 I don't really notice the flat areas since I'm not below 2,500 all that long. At altitude the photo real looks amazing. Would be nice I I could get the entire globe done in ZL19/20! But the space required would be enormous and the time to load XP would be super long.

I have about 90% of the US done in photoreal, my 10TB NAS drive is getting full fast.

That's true, I don't fly airliners much, I do vicariously thru you and others lol. I am usually in the default Cessna, or a couple Carenado birds I like. Low and sort of slow.
    I do small chunks, in areas I usually fly, but yes I would also love to have the whole US. I dont fly outside of it often. But my 1TB is used for pretty much everything so it's getting crowded.

Hi,

Yeah I hear ya, my 1TB drive was filled in no time. That's when I decided to try the 10TB NAS drive.