WOW!!! Reinstall

So i was having issues with downloading the new update if anyone wants to see the issues its in another post i recently made.. I wanted to talk about the reinstall and omg!!! So much has changed first loading msf is twice as fast!!!! The graphics are cleaner and sharper it looks great also i gained about 12 frames per sec dont know how but im happy !!! so just wanted to share ... So dont't be scared to reinstall!!!!

Thanks Guys

windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Out of curiosity.. when did you last install it? Also did you have many addons installed?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

i instsalled it last year i had all the updates and only one addon, which buy the way is there a way to find the addon i did it wants me to pay for it again ?
windows 11, asus crosshair viii dark hero, 64mb g.skill d4 4000 ram, amd ryan9 5950 clocked to 4.3, noctua nh-u12s, asus rtx 4080 oc, 2x samsung 980 pro ssd 3tb m.2 nvme x3

Ok thanks.

If you bought the add on from the marketplace then it should be available to install again for free. I’m guessing you bought it elsewhere.. in which case you will probably have it in your downloads folder? What add on is it and where from? Some (like JustFlight for example) let you login and download as many times as you want. Maybe you have a licence key for it?

Glad MSFS is working well anyway :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

i got it from the fs store within the sim!! when i deleted the flight sim dont the download folder delete also?

If you bought it via the sim’s own Marketplace then you should be able to download it as many times as you want..for free. This is providing you are logged into the same account of course.

I have done several reinstalls (inc formatting the pc) and never had any issues reinstalling addons. Maybe you should contact Microsoft.

Regards

Steve

i prob will have to contact them cause i did it the same way and yes same login name i did reinstall it to a diff drive this time if that matters..

Different drive shouldn’t make any difference. You could install it on a difference computer if you wanted to (or even several computers)

As long as it’s the same login then it “should” work.

Good luck

Regards

Steve

H!, I had problem with upgrading then I had to uninstall and reinstall like you have done but I have another problem , now it.s about photogrammetry. After reinstall the graphics look autogen -does not look normal photogrammetry it is sharp and clear images with square and triangle blocks does not look realastic at all . If you had this sort of problem and how you solved it please kindly share it with me

Thanks

Hi all. I was all set to reinstall MSFS, but in desperation I googled the above issue, and one of the (many) suggestions was to do a 'system restore' on my PC. I wound the clock back by two weeks, did the restore (which takes quite a while), rebooted, then went to updates in the MS Store. There was only a small update...and then I started up MSFS. Lo and behold, after it had thought about it for a minute or two, the latest update started to download. Haven't had a problem since.