Let's tell asobo not to create more problems

When ever I realized a new update coming, I always fear the worst this time it was really a nightmare for me. When last month SU5

came then I was able to update to version 1.18.13 but could not upgrade to any of the two fixes to fix the problems in the SU5

This time I could not update normally, every time I launch the sim it says mandetary update go to ms store -click it goes to ms store but nothing happens only I was trying while the message

was looping thus I could not update so could not play the sim. Finally I had to uninstall it and then re install the sim. Luckily I have got

fast internet therefore, I could install all in one go. For 10 DVDs it took more than 3 hours (101 gig) the another 132.5 gigs download

lasted over three and half hours and then after starting sim, downloaded another 37.92 gigs from content manager including WU1 to WU6

plus orbis flying eye hospital and aerosoft's pederborn airport which alone more than 17 gigs-that's why the supid scenery was free by

aerosoft and this time around one and half hours. So it will be better for the sim community not to have anymore updates.

When I launched the store and clicked on Updates, the sim didn’t update.

However, simply selecting the (standard) sim in the store..waiting a second (without pressing play) and it started updating. Was quite quick and painless.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thank you for your reply. I searched the forum and follow many threads but nobody mentioned your

action of updating, I always selected the version I own which is Retail box version deluxe premium any way I have solved this problem the hard way. When I reinstalled the sim, after disk finished, I went to

the ms store clicked download and update and selected all owned and I selected the version I have and

the installation was completed.

Glad you sorted it anyway. For us “Store version” owners, we have to install the standard edition irrespective of which edition we actually own (Premium Deluxe in my case)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

When ever I realized a new update coming, I always fear the worst this time it was really a nightmare for me.

Your not the only one , Know very little about this ,but wonder if it's because this thing was made for use with an X-box , not a PC

To get the update I had to download some kind of an X-box app . Why do I need the app if I don't have or use an X-box?

Luckily I got it working this time without having to do a re-install.

The Xbox App is required because MSFS is an Xbox Game Studios title. During startup, just before the "checking for updates" screen, MSFS checks the validity of your Xbox account details and this is why you must keep the Xbox App up to date through the MS Store.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No it is a pc title converted to x-box.

Nope It was designed to require you to use the the X Box account for everything you do with it! And as Tiger said on another post, they hope every time you use their X Box app you'll be tempted to buy more of their other X Box products.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nope It was designed to require you to use the the X Box account for everything you do with it! And as Tiger said on another post, they hope every time you use their X Box app you'll be tempted to buy more of their other X Box products.

I don't have an X-Box account and MSFS works just fine for me since Day 1. I do however have a Microsoft account.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I don't have an X-Box account and MSFS works just fine for me since Day 1. I do however have a Microsoft account.

Me too! (Although "works just fine" may be an exaggeration.)

On the MSFS main/home screen, in the top right corner, is a round logo with your user name next to it. That's your Xbox account user name.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64