Sim says update required from store. Store says everything is up to date?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem for me . I will be patient and wait for a fix . Meanwhile it is back to reliable FSX for me .

Yep! I did that months ago! It's amazing how much more enjoyable it is to "fly" rather than to continuously fight the update game! IT'S REALLY SAD THEY WERE IN SUCH A HURRY TO GO TO MARKET THAT THEY NEVER DID ANY REAL DESIGN WORK FIRST!

So sad! Microsoft used to be a trusted name!

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Okay after multiple attempts just this afternoon of everything mentioned here, I finally got it to start updating when there was no update available showing. On this last time, I shut down and rebooted, but didn't go to the store. Instead, I launched the Xbox app first (the new updated one) and then launched the game from the Windows start menu. From there the game said mandatory update and closed and opened the store as with previous tries to no avail of an update. I was able to see the MSFS icon in the update section now and it started automatically. I tried the different methods in order listed and none worked, but this one did for me to get the update to show up in the store.

For the record and information for others:

1) Sim is installed in default C location along with Windows and nothing else on that SSD (see sig).

2) There are no add-ons, I am on default scenery and aircraft (and downloaded WU6 too).

3) I have the boxed Premium Deluxe DVD version (Disc 1 always in the external drive).

4) My BIOS clock is in my location's time zone (some have reported that to be factor).

Finally, I tested the autopilot in the Bonanza and Citation Longitude and it still functions in those aircraft. In my limited time I see nothing broken with this mandatory update (separate from World Update VI).

__________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz | ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.BLACK (Grizzly Aeronaut paste) | 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000 | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Super Flower Leadex III 850W | SilverStone Redline SST-RL06WS-PRO | Samsung 980 2TB M.2 NVMe (OS + MSFS) | Crucial MX500 2TB x2 | AOC 32" 1440p | Logitech Flight Yoke + throttle quadrant + CH Pro Pedals

Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Hi all, I want to say thanks to PEIRascal's AvatarPEIRascal who posted a suggestion yesterday about downloading the xbox app then trying the update. it has worked for me. Back to flying. Thanks man.

You are very welcome. Just glad it helped.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks for your hints. For those of you who still can´t use MSFS. I suggest to disconnect from internet and start it as you always did . No update, perhaps many things won´t work but at least U can "fly".

G´night.

Edited by bjl345

And all THIS is why we'll never have flying cars in real life - imagine the 'humanity' - LOL

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Thank you PEIRascal,

Was having same problem and your suggestion worked! Every update is an adventure!

You are very welcome.

Glad it worked.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Update,

Their suggested steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the ‘Xbox’ App.

2. Download the ‘Xbox’ App and click ‘Launch’.

3. Once the Xbox App is running, go back to the Microsoft Store to ‘Downloads and Updates’ and click ‘Get Updates’

The MSFS update should start to download.

Note In step 3 I did not go back to the store. I tried I do not remember the complete steps in the app that I clicked. Was not really expecting it to work. But I know it was not hidden there. Easy to find the update.

There is a Store button in the Xbox app. I used that.

/QUOTE]

TY PEIRascal for the good info. Worked fine for me, and was able to restart and update game. This method worked for me.

well, i did all that and more. Nothing worked! i have since deleted the program and all traces of it (hopefully) and have gone to P3DV5, what a difference. Any software that demands what microsoft asks with fs20 should really take a step back and take a serious look at themselves and ask, do i really want to sell this program and support it? While it ran, and it did well up to the point of having to go to the Microsoft store and update, it was very good. Unbelievable graphics, great aircraft and detail. I also run FSX steam and regularly fly. With the Orbx scenery cranked up to the max, the range of aircraft (from flightsim) it's still hard to beat. FS20? i may use it again one day.

I had another lockout yesterday which is very frustrating. By lockout, I mean trying to launch the sim either from the desktop, via store, or through my EVGA video card's GeForce Experience program and it just goes to the store in a repeat cycle. I found out this is a known problem that dates back to last year. From the MSFS forum:

1) In windows search bar type powershell.

2) Right click on powershell and select run as administrator.

3) Copy/paste this in powershell (no parenthesis) and press enter:

"get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers"

4) Copy/paste to this in powershell (no parenthesis):

"start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN"

6) Press enter, close the powershell window, and launch the sim.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/simulator-doesnt-start-anymore-at-all/314155/492

Apparently there's a bug with the MS Store seeing duplicate entries with the Gaming Services program. And it's been this way since late 2020 and still not fixed. I've only had this sim installed for 2 weeks and it has been a frustrating experience overall, mostly just revolving around trying to get it to launch! For the record I have the DVD version.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz | ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.BLACK (Grizzly Aeronaut paste) | 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000 | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Super Flower Leadex III 850W | SilverStone Redline SST-RL06WS-PRO | Samsung 980 2TB M.2 NVMe (OS + MSFS) | Crucial MX500 2TB x2 | AOC 32" 1440p | Logitech Flight Yoke + throttle quadrant + CH Pro Pedals

Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Thank you Hal

It worked for me. But it shouldn't be like this.

Frank

You are correct Frank, shouldn't be like this at all.

But it is what it is. I am just glad that it has worked for so many.

Hal

I have had exactly the same problem since the new release. I tried various ways to overcome the update problem but always ended up in an unsuccessful loop! In frustration, I had a 90 minute online chat and phone-call with MS (including screen sharing so that they could see what was going on) but even they couldn't solve it!

Subsequently I receved an email from the agent suggesting making changes:

Please can you try this procedures

Rename the Directory where MSFS is installed ( it's C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe),

then click Uninstall in the xBox App,

Change the install Dir back to original name,

then click Install in the xBox App.

Took just over 2 minutes from start to finish and I now have 1.18.14.0 installed

Tried this and, guess what, IT DIDN'T WORK!!

I've given up on this until MS Store and XBox talk to eahc other to resolve what's going on.

As a customer, why should I be the one to resolve their own problems VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I totally agree, the update process should be MUCH more obvious and probably automated. I get the point that MicroSoft wants folks to be forced to put eyes on their XBox apps, in hopes that some will decide to also grab Dancing Tonka Trucks or Barbie goes to Cancun, but I doubt the demographic overlaps? If they must entertain this farce, they should then include specific instructions on how to negotiate the process. I know they expect several will bump into Mr. MacGoo Cat Grooming by mistake, but they are actually more likely to lose customers out of frustration at a much greater extent than they acquire by forcing XBox app perusal!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Windows 11 will feature an all-new Microsoft Store apparently, for better or for worse it arrives on October 5th.

The Xbox App will still be required because MSFS is an Xbox Game Studios title and the sim checks your Xbox account credentials every time it launches.

If it can't verify your Xbox account for some reason, it'll freeze or loop on the "checking for updates" screen.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Update,

I am currently downloading what I believe to be the update. (2.67g)

Found a thread on Zendesk with the following steps:

Their suggested steps:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the ‘Xbox’ App.

2. Download the ‘Xbox’ App and click ‘Launch’.

3. Once the Xbox App is running, go back to the Microsoft Store to ‘Downloads and Updates’ and click ‘Get Updates’

The MSFS update should start to download.

Note In step 3 I did not go back to the store. I tried I do not remember the complete steps in the app that I clicked. Was not really expecting it to work. But I know it was not hidden there. Easy to find the update.

There is a Store button in the Xbox app. I used that.

I will post when it is done to let you know if it worked or not.

Hal

Spelling corrections/

Thanks for that. This worked at treat