4GB Memory Address

miatamariner

I have been dealing with some nasty OOM incidents and the MS suggestion is to reduce Aircraft, Scenery and/or AI Traffic files. I would like to know if scenery files in the FSX Addon Scenery folder (not activated in the FSX scenery menu), consume memory resources? I can remove aircraft and adjust my AI aircraft (UTL) easily but I am not sure if say I have 25 scenery files in my Addon Scenery folder, that haven't been activated in FSX. Do they consume memory if not installed into FSX?

Thanks

Other things you might need to try are reducing LOD_RADIUS and the resolution in FSX.CFG.

Jorgen

Jorgen:

Can you answer this?

"if say I have 25 scenery files in my Addon Scenery folder, that haven't been activated in FSX. Do they consume memory if not installed into FSX?"

"if say I have 25 scenery files in my Addon Scenery folder, that haven't been activated in FSX. Do they consume memory if not installed into FSX?"

No.

In fact, scenery that's outside the user aircraft's range isn't loaded either. Scenery is loaded and unloaded as yr aircraft moves around the globe. This is where a fast hard disc (eg. SDD) will save on loading times.

There's one big exeption: if an active scenery contains photoscenery, it's ALWAYS loaded no matter where it is on the globe. Most payware (and lots of the better freeware) airports use photoscenery as base ground texture.

So it's a good habit to deactivate scenery you're not currently using ​in order to save memory.

A tool like Scenery Config Editor is great for this, as it allows grouping, and activating/deactivating by group.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg