Default clouds problem

ColR1948

Sorted!

They always say look at the last thing you changed or installed, well I installed a new addon airfield, that seemed OK aircraft landed and took off, had parking etc, so I disabled it and went in the sim.

Lo and behold the clouds were OK again so there must have been something in there that changed the clouds, oh well I can live without the airfield.

It was Bassingbourne X3BB from Simouthouse.

Col.

Hi Tom, Well I did restart the sim but not the PC after I disabled the airfield and the clouds were OK so I took it that was the cause.

I will admit I thought it unusual an addon airfield should do this, I thought there may have been something the data that I couldn't read.

Col.

I searched for "Bassingbourne" on the SimOuthouse site but as far as I could make out, this Air Force Base is for FSX and not for FS9. However, a FS9 version could have been hiding from me somewhere on that site.

Are you sure your downloaded "Bassingbourne" was a FS9 version ? Was it a so called "auto-installer" ?

Hans

An educated guess would be that the downloaded scenery included a replacement cloud texture file (for some weird reason). Check the "texture" folder for that scenery for something cloud-related, cirrus, cumulous, or similar, move it or rename it and see if the problem disappears.

Seems I wasted everybody's time, I re-installed the airfield and the clouds were fine, tried different weather themes with various cloud types and they all were OK, it must have just been a glitch, sorry to cause a fuss.

Col.

No trouble at all for us. That’s what we do. Admittedly I DID miss the wedding anniversary of the wife and I. But worth it to assist you.