ASOBO needs a home run tomorrow

I know tomorrow is a WU and not a SU but I think ASOBO needs a homer here. I just changed my usercfg back to defaults in prep for tomorrows DL and holy carp are the pop ins bad at LOD 2. If they don't come thru with the promised sliders to help in this regard I think they are in for another firestorm of unhappy customers.

I have my views set up to snap left right etc with buttons on my yoke. The redraw every time is reminiscent of past sims maybe worse. How a developer can do something like this and call it an "optimization" is beyond me. In fact its probably the most bush league thing I have ever seen a developer do. Hopefully it was just a mistake on there part but I am at the point now when it comes to ASOBO and what they say I will believe it when I see it.

AT any rate good luck to all on tomorrows DL, that in its self is always an adventure.

Edited by natman1965

I'm guessing you're a glass-half-emtpy kinda guy... not that there's anything wrong with that :)

(with everything this sim has gone thru, it's a cloudy day magnet. You'd almost think Asobo was in Seattle.)

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Remembering the FUN I had installing SU5, I am NOT looking forward to this update.

Sigh, not sure if that makes me a glass half empty of half full person :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Remembering the FUN I had installing SU5, I am NOT looking forward to this update.

Sigh, not sure if that makes me a glass half empty of half full person :)

I don't think the World updates are as problematic as the Sim updates. For example, I had no problems after the previous World update, but I had a world of trouble after Sim Update 5. I ascribe most of my problems however to the simultaneous release of Working Title's G1000 NXi, which was (and still is) a work in progress. I went through another MSFS uninstall/reinstall (maybe it was two; I forget) before I realized out that I could've saved myself a lot of trouble simply by uninstalling the NXi in my content manager. Working Title subsequently updated the NXi to resolve whatever arguments it was having with the sim update. Unfortunately, when they updated it yet again to resolve a problem with ILS approaches, they rendered my Logitech multipanel unusable. Working Title says this problem will go away with the someday-upcoming Sim Update 6. Meanwhile, I have gone back to the stock G1000.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

I have had the sim for over a year now, and I have yet to need to uninstall or repair the product. I have stayed completely stock, I don't use developer mode, I only have one 1920x1200 (that is correct) monitor, a pretty standard joystick with no complicated control devices, and I regularly clean out my system cache. I did prefer the way things were before SU5, I did not want more fps. It still looks better than any other simulator by a huge margin, even with SU5. Most of the issues reported, are actually user created problems. I understand the desire to add all sorts of addons and to have a complex yoke and pedals and multiple screens, but that just makes the likelihood of update woes much greater.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I have not had serious problems before with MSFS2020 and run a moderate amount of add-ons and Honeycomb yoke etc but today trying to open flightsim it tells me I need an update and to go the microsoft store but when there, there is no information on an update just the usual purchase info (I run the premium deluxe edition) and this does not help me. The program stalls on opening at the update info and then after clicking OK it shuts down. This is just this morning.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I have not had serious problems before with MSFS2020 and run a moderate amount of add-ons and Honeycomb yoke etc but today trying to open flightsim it tells me I need an update and to go the microsoft store but when there, there is no information on an update just the usual purchase info (I run the premium deluxe edition) and this does not help me. The program stalls on opening at the update info and then after clicking OK it shuts down. This is just this morning.

jrdale210, my install of MSFS was behaving exactly that way until I figured out that I needed to install a "new" XBox app onto my Windows system (in addition to the XBox Console app that was already on the system). Once I did that, I was able to update MSFS from within that "new" XBox app. MSFS then opened and behaved normallyl.

Edited by ed1

Just tried my update too and same problem. Community folder empty, so it's nothing to do with content there. It tells me there is a mandatory update, but there isn't one showing anywhere in the Microsoft store. One day, these updates will go smoothly!
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

The XBox app sorted mine, running well with the pop up slider to ultra now
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

I don't understand these cryptic posts; what does "sorted mine" mean?

What does "update pop ins gone with new slider at ultra" mean?

I am still locked out, are some of you able to get it to work?

How?

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I don't understand these cryptic posts; What does "update pop ins gone with new slider at ultra" mean?

From Asobo...

"Offscreen terrain pre caching” graphics settings has been added (Low, Medium, High and Ultra). If set to Ultra, all the offscreen terrain will be cached at full quality which will reduce FPS drops and LOD popping when panning the camera but may impact overall performance
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro