Bit of a downer.

ColR1948

Well I got my Laptop: Dell Latitude e500 Duel Core 15x4" monitor, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD, Windows7 Pro. 64bit

Loaded the disk and got an error saying couldn't load contact Windows to resolve the problem but the screen just went to the desktop.

Just spotted a log file saying Problem with video driver.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hi.

Dell Latitude e500?? Is it e5500? e500 Does not come up in Search.

If 5500 there may Not be sufficient RAM for XPlane and the Graphics processor may not work either?

Memory RAM 2 GB?

Graphics Processor Intel GMA 4500MHD

Do you know what Video card, and driver ver, you have?

Did you update your Video driver? Some later vers seem to have some issues?

• 3 weeks later...
Update:

I bought a pre-loaded hard drive with Windows 10, so I installed it and now got XP11 up and running, I went on it and it ran good but I need to get used to it again, but at least it's there now.

Col.

This thread sounds a lit like me. :eek: It seems most times when I try something new it's a two step forward three step back process for quite some time! Speaking of which, yes I'm probably going to do the XP-11 thing as well.

I sure wasted $100+ on MSFS!:mad::( It used to be the case when you invested in software it was fairly update and stable. With MSFS you pay to do all their testing for them and they aren't really into pc users anyway.

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

True Michael, I once got involved with a submarine sim, it was OK but the users got in to modding it and made it better, I was involved in a group who transformed it from a German U-Boat sim and made an American sub sim.

The next version they changed the code so made it harder for players to mod it, as time went by they did start to mod it and add more ships and subs, it is now a very good sim and is still being modded by the players.

Col.