WTF Causes This?

IDK...but report it to the zen desk. They do mention similar close to north/south poles

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Its different ground images taken at different times stitched together. Visible in many 'out of the way' places. In more green & populated areas you can still see it less obviously and often its hidden by them changing hue of some areas (look for green tinted steets etc).

I've not seen this phenomenon in MSFS before.

Neither have I, but I've never flown there either. That aside, is that plane the new one I saw in the in-sim marketplace recently? It looked interesting, but it didn't look like it was highly rated. How do you like it?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Neither have I, but I've never flown there either. That aside, is that plane the new one I saw in the in-sim marketplace recently? It looked interesting, but it didn't look like it was highly rated. How do you like it?

It's the EA7 Edgley Optica. I bought it from Orbx. Apparently, this is a real plane, although I've never seen one. It's very slow, but OK for viewing eye candy, like photogrammetry in cities.

IDK...but report it to the zen desk. They do mention similar close to north/south poles

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I did report it. I'd forgotten how cumbersome the zendesk report form is; takes a long time, and it includes requests for info having nothing to do with any given problem. In this case, we have a scenery anomaly, but they want me to list every item in my Community folder! (Didn't do it, of course.)

As was noted above, this is due to the aerial or satellite imagery for this area. While the imagery is good for some areas, in others you get cases like this where there is a mismatch between the base images. One could have been taken by aircraft and the other by satellite, or both by aircraft on different dates or seasons etc. It's the downside of using real world imagery as the quality can vary quite significantly.

You can try pulling up that location in Bing Maps to get a better idea of what it going on.

https://www.bing.com/maps?osid=a5232a95-e815-4080-b3ea-e0057e9cae67&cp=29.918543~31.360548&lvl=16&style=h&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027

Logging it with Asobo through their Zendesk is a good way to let them know, however, this is likely something that the Bing Maps team needs to sort out, not Asobo.

It's the EA7 Edgley Optica. I bought it from Orbx. Apparently, this is a real plane, although I've never seen one. It's very slow, but OK for viewing eye candy, like photogrammetry in cities.

I looked it up, and saw it was a real thing. Has MSFS run okay since you added it? (I assume it's in the community folder.) How does it handle? I have a couple of ultralights, but I haven't used them much, especially since they have a tendency to spin out and crash when I'm trying to circle tightly to look for something, like our own house for example.

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5