How to correctly install AIG Flight Plans?

Airplane

Hello all,

I have an old file for (example) Air India from WOAI that's using an outdated flight plan database. I have recently discovered AIG and how many of their flight plans apparently use the same AI aircraft models from WOAI.

My question is, if I install the AIG AI Manager and install their Air India flight plan, can I then basically delete the WOAI flight plan and AI model aircraft counterparts and let the AI Manager do it's work and let it install both the updated flight plan and AI models? Will the program work in cooperation with my other WOAI AI traffic? Is there anything else that's required?

Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

... and let the AI Manager do it's work and let it install both the updated flight plan and AI models?

AIGTech AI Manager has an OCI-mode (one-click-install) which does what you discribe above.

The bad news: OCI is only supported for P3D, not for FSX.

Which means you'll have to install the aircraft models manually and let AIM detect them at startup.

AI Manager will then automatically download and install the flightplan and the needed textures for the models.

I wouldn't delete the WoAI aircraft folders, as many of them are reusable for AIG.

One thing you could do is replace any FS9 models by FSX-native ones.

OTOH the redundant WoAI flightplan should be deleted.

Will the program work in cooperation with my other WOAI AI traffic?

Once installed all BGL-based AI traffic is identical, no matter what's the source or what program installed it.

So yes, they'll work together.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

AIGTech AI Manager has an OCI-mode (one-click-install) which does what you discribe above.

The bad news: OCI is only supported for P3D, not for FSX.

Which means you'll have to install the aircraft models manually and let AIM detect them at startup.

AI Manager will then automatically download and install the flightplan and the needed textures for the models.

I wouldn't delete the WoAI aircraft folders, as many of them are reusable for AIG.

One thing you could do is replace any FS9 models by FSX-native ones.

OTOH the redundant WoAI flightplan should be deleted.

Once installed all BGL-based AI traffic is identical, no matter what's the source or what program installed it.

So yes, they'll work together.

Wim

By models, are we talking base white paint-kit models for AI traffic, or the models with liveries on them? Because AFAIK, the textures you speak of are essentially....liveries on the aircraft?

The model is the basic aircraft "skeleton", onto which you hang the texture - as you say, the livery.

Many FSX replacement models can be found on the AIG website.

And. as Wim says, the WoAI flightplans should be deleted, they are hopelessly outdated.

Jorgen

So basically, I add only the models and let the AIG manager handle the rest, that is the textures and flight plans? I just require the models?

So basically, I add only the models and let the AIG manager handle the rest, that is the textures and flight plans? I just require the models?

From previous post...

Dunno what more to say about it.

I's free, it has a manual and a dedicated website with a tutorial.

Install it, try it.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 2 years later...