Washington DC Timezone Problem

Honus

I'm using AIFP for my AI flights and I now notice that Washington DC is way off at +12 instead of -5. I tried to change it in the Timezone editor but it doesn't take. I can't find the DC area listed in the timezone editor. Does anyone know how I can get this correct as my flights in and out of here are way off. Thanks

Must be an error in AIFP data in the latest version.

I checked KDCA in my installed version and it was [uTC-5].

Then I got a message my version was outdated, so I downloaded and installed the update to the latest version.

With the new version KDCA is [uTC+12]. Stupid me forgot to make a backup...

Can be fixed:

In the airport list, double-click the faulty airport (eg. Dulles)

9gadxji.png

In the edit window, change the State from "DC" to "Virginia" and click the "Apply Updates" button down below.

Oz5lCT8.png

Fixed. Do the same with Reagan Intl. etc.

HJbBNJg.png

Hopefully this gets permanently fixed in a new update.

[EDIT]See you've already found it while I was writing my post.

Wim

Edited by f16jockey_2
b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Considering the population and income of DC, it damned sure should be! ;)

Michael

Why SHOULD it be? Size and population have nothing to do with statehood. The Constitution states that the nation's capital should be 'apart from other states'. It's a neutral district and should remain so.

• 2 weeks later...
Why SHOULD it be? Size and population have nothing to do with statehood. The Constitution states that the nation's capital should be 'apart from other states'. It's a neutral district and should remain so.

So everyone who happens to live there is doomed to be a 2nd class citizen? That doesn't sound constitutional or fair to me.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

What does this have to do with Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

So everyone who happens to live there is doomed to be a 2nd class citizen? That doesn't sound constitutional or fair to me.
I didn't write the Constitution and don't really care if it's a state or not. I don't think it was intended to be populated by permanent residence when it was designed. Anyway, moving right along ...