msfs 2020 bush trips

I've completed quite a few. However, if at any point you use the "Back on Track" option in the map view, you will excluded from receiving an "Achievement", but you can get a "Completed".

Sometimes the descriptions/instructions given are completely inadequate. You must fly very, very low to see some of the landmarks used in the Flight plan.

Also, with the latest update, you do not have the ability to re-run the bush trip, even if you used the "Back on Track", it will tell you it's been "Completed", but not as an "Achievement".

If I were you, I'd start out with some easy bush trips, like the ones found at: https://flightsim.to/c/user-content/bushtrips/

Look for the Panama Canal trip, it's real good for inexperienced bush trippers.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

"Sometimes the descriptions/instructions given are completely inadequate"

Ok thanks stemp. Oh you sure got that right. No way you could fly the trip by just following the POI/landmark descriptions.

I did ask the support desk if you had to hit all the POI's and such. They said no as long as you complete the legs by landing at the airports.

Boy I sure didn't know about all those trips , Thanks. But how hard is it to install them? Do they sort of install themselves or do you have to put them in that community folder thing?

Right now I'm doing that Alaska one.

The Rijeka to Santorini one is probably a good start. I would certainly start with one which use an aircraft with a glass cockpit, since this will give you a GPS guide along with the written instructions.

This is important as a backup, because you'll need to get used to how Asobo phrases the instructions. Maybe it's a second language thing, or maybe a french thing, but they use very flowery language at the expense of accuracy and conciseness. I found that I usually needed to wade through a word soup to get to the essence of the instructions. I wound up distilling their instruction and creating waypoints on google maps on a tablet, which I could cross with what I was seeing out of the window.

That's all currently moot anyway, because the bush trips are slightly broken since SU5: The GPS backup is not currently working (except on the first leg, where the magenta line is still present), so there is no magenta line on the glass cockpit. I heard from others that you can still progress if you land at the correct airport, and you can obviously still follow the instructions to get there. But keep this in mind.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

The Rijeka to Santorini one is probably a good start

Yes I started that one , I got to 50% done which is leg 9 I believe, Which is from LATI to LANO.

Only problem is LANO is a redundant airport and is no longer listed, so unable to find it.

I have been just finding the airports by using the VFR screen and the planes map screen.

I have read that this trip got busted with the last update anyway.

"Sometimes the descriptions/instructions given are completely inadequate"

Ok thanks stemp. Oh you sure got that right. No way you could fly the trip by just following the POI/landmark descriptions.

I did ask the support desk if you had to hit all the POI's and such. They said no as long as you complete the legs by landing at the airports.

Boy I sure didn't know about all those trips , Thanks. But how hard is it to install them? Do they sort of install themselves or do you have to put them in that community folder thing?

Right now I'm doing that Alaska one.

I have flown maybe a dozen bush trips, and have many more installed in MSFS that I plan to fly when time permits. For me, these have been a great way to really appreciate the feeling of immersive flying in MSFS. The priority, of course, is sightseeing in low-and-slow aircraft, and the scenery is generally fantastic -- and REAL, being based on satellite imagery. Among others, I have done trips across the U.S., Norway, Germany, Great Britain, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, and California. I have found the instructions generally not hard to follow (I will admit I use Little Nav Map to keep track of where I am and to find airports).

As to installation, you just stick the unzipped file in Community (I use addon Manager), and the trip should show up in the Bush Flights in MSFS. Finally, keep in mind that the addon bush trips are freeware and must take a fair amount of work to put together. Therefore I don't want to be too critical of "imperfections" some have mentioned. Have fun!

Oh I agree with nearly all you have said cobalt. I like flying the airplanes (although they are a little quirky at times) maybe it's just my machine . not a high end one ,but seems to do the job .Sometimes I get the plane trimmed out and flying not too bad , then I touch the stick just a little and it goes into full nose up trim for some reason . and like looking at the scenery at different parts of the world .

Oh I do appreciate the amount of work that must go into making something like this , but don't think Asobo is the greatest at it . There are sure lots of problems with things not working right . and then it's update after update and hotfix after hotfix that seems to break things that were working ok before.

I can't seem to follow or understand the log descriptions tho. When it tells me to look for something I usually can't see what they describe . Likely just me not knowing how to spot it.

I'm doing it by using the map in the airplane and maybe going to free flight to see where the next airport is . Don't have that Little Nav Map.

Haven't tried any addons yet but I think I know how to do it .

WOOO HOOOO . I think I've figured it out . Doing the Unalaska PADO to Kulik Lake PAKL one . Just finished Leg 11 . 1 more to go I think '

Yes the Nav log and instructions work to a point , but don't think you could do it with just them alone , I think would also have to use the airplane map or the Little Nav Map .

Thanks for all your help guys . Your the greatest . Always have had some very good help at this site.

WOOO HOOOO . I think I've figured it out . Doing the Unalaska PADO to Kulik Lake PAKL one . Just finished Leg 11 . 1 more to go I think '

Yes the Nav log and instructions work to a point , but don't think you could do it with just them alone , I think would also have to use the airplane map or the Little Nav Map .

Thanks for all your help guys . Your the greatest . Always have had some very good help at this site.

I strongly recommend that you get Little Nav Map, a free add-on that I think is indispensable. Some of the bush trips I've done would not be possible, for me, without it. The one I am on now, for example, has numerous back-country dirt strips that are almost impossible to find because there are no airport buildings and the strips are nearly indistinguishable from the surrounding terrain. Only with LNM can I locate these strips. But LNM also is loaded with features that tremulously enhance MSFS, not least a great flight planner.

I strongly recommend that you get Little Nav Map,

I downloaded it but not sure how to install it or when I do I may not know how to use it . I did go to the instructions on how to install it but don't really understand what they mean . If you want and it's not too much trouble you can PM me . Don't worry too much about it , I'm getting along ok without it for now I think .

But one thing you could maybe do . I started another one Bordeaux LFCS to Mont Blanc LFHM . After leaving LFCS I ended up crashing . When I restarted I seem to have lost the Nav Log info . Do you happen to know the next airport I have to land at in that one ,to complete Leg 1. Likely if I land there I'll get the Nav log back Thanks

I downloaded it but not sure how to install it or when I do I may not know how to use it . I did go to the instructions on how to install it but don't really understand what they mean . If you want and it's not too much trouble you can PM me . Don't worry too much about it , I'm getting along ok without it for now I think .

But one thing you could maybe do . I started another one Bordeaux LFCS to Mont Blanc LFHM . After leaving LFCS I ended up crashing . When I restarted I seem to have lost the Nav Log info . Do you happen to know the next airport I have to land at in that one ,to complete Leg 1. Likely if I land there I'll get the Nav log back Thanks

To install LNM, create a folder on whatever drive you choose. Then download the LNM zip file, unzip it, place those files in your new folder, and you’re set to go. For convenience, it is good idea to create an LNM shortcut on your desktop, which you do by right-clicking on the application (.exe) file and selecting that option. This, of course, enables you to start LNM any time from your desktop.

(For future reference, note that there are frequent updates for LNM. You are not required to install any of these (in many cases, the update may concern features you don’t even use), but if you do decide to update, first remove all the files from your current version of LNM before replacing with the new ones.)

When you start LNM, go to Scenery Library (on the task bar), left-click, and select “MSFS 2020” [which does not have to be operating at the time] and “load scenery library”. This will load the default airports in MSFS as well as any add-on airports you may have. It may take several minutes depending on your system. The .pdf file contains detailed info on LNM and all its features, but you can learn a lot just by clicking on them and seeing what they do.

As to your bush trip: on any bush trip, you need to land safely at each airport in order to continue to the next; if you crash, you have to re-start at the last completed leg. In your case, since you crashed on the first leg, you will have to re-start the bush trip at the point of origin. Sorry, but better luck on your next try! As I mentioned earlier, I think an independent detailed map is essential on bush trips. There may be some purists around who think this is cheating, but I am mainly interested in having fun sightseeing and this helps me do it.

Edited by cobalt

Ok thanks for all that . I'll give the LNM a try. I think I got how to do it now .

Oh I finally figured out that bush trip and got it working again . Yes I was restarting but wasn't getting the Nav log and instructions to show up .

Even tried re starting my computer , But finally was able to figure out what my next airport was and landed there . That fixed it as suspected ,

Got my Nav log back