"+ Reply to thread" buttons - top one works, bottom doesn't

MAD1

Hi Nels and admins, I'd noticed lately (probably always been the case, I just didn't realise before) that for the blue "+ Reply to thread" buttons - top one works, bottom doesn't. This is perhaps why folks are tending to use the "Reply" or "Reply with quote" buttons at the bottom of an individual post (and perhaps overusing a bit the quote option). I use the "Reply" button at the bottom of another person's post after trying the bottom blue "+ Reply to thread" button a few times. It was only yesterday that I tried the top blue button and thought "huh, that works". Could this situation be fixed? Or maybe it doesn't matter, but it's a bit confusing. As folk will naturally go to the end of a thread as they read the latest posts, having the bottom blue button working would be good.

Ahh, thanks Mr Zippy, I would normally prefer newest first too, just like in emails. Never thought of a setting. Just found it and set it newest first (on that sneaky little blue menubar under the main blue menubar. Is "Forum Actions" > "General Settings" > Thread Display Options" > "Thread Display Mode": "Linear - Newest First". The other options are handy/useful e.g. "Threaded". That'll do the job for me, newest first. Was just my usual self, a lazy SOB, didn't bother to explore the site. Thanks Mr Zippy.

Hi.

It sort of works: the click spot for the bottom button is only on the upper & lower edges. There's nothing clickable in the middle of the button.

(Sorry about the rubbish quality. Print Screen doesn't show mouse pointers.)

D

P9010014.JPG

P9010015.JPG

P9010016.JPG

Huh, thanks defaid, yes, am sending this via the bottom button. I now see that around the top, left, bottom edges it works, seems that the label field in the button sits over the top of the button proper so that the cursor doesn't change to the button function proper (whereas the top button has the label 'transparent' so you can hover anywhere over it).