Coast-to-Coast in the Longitude

I've done many flights in the Longitude in MSFS, but this is my longest so far at 2,176 NM and over five hours of flying time. Today's flight is a recreation of a real world NetJets Longitude flight going from Teterboro to Van Nuys. This is also my first flight in MSFS departing and arriving at airports where I own payware scenery. I recently purchased Flightbeam's Teterboro scenery, as well as Orbx's Van Nuys scenery. Here we go!

7Ts5sOW.jpg?1

Loading up the passengers at the NetJets terminal and hoping the rain holds off until we depart

smBELxy.jpg?1

Heading out of the ramp. Call me biased but I think we have the nicest aircraft here

XOCQWZS.jpg?1

Lined up on runway 6 waiting for takeoff clearance. Looks like we're going to beat the rain after all

I2LUAOy.jpg?1

Climbing out of a gloomy New York area. Next stop the west coast!

RVHpoxA.jpg?1

Breaking out of the overcast layer and heading up to FL400

AwbJLwJ.jpg?1

Cruising over the Rockies at 40,000 feet

MtU2dB9.jpg?1

Almost five hours later we are descending over Palmdale into the SoCal area on the JANNY5 arrival

INjnjJY.jpg?1

Getting configured for landing as Van Nuys comes into view

nqueX4D.jpg?1

Fully configured and on final for runway 16R

pNfUC3o.jpg?1

I didn't find the NetJets terminal until we were already parked, but this Signature FBO is pretty awesome so the passengers weren't mad. Time to head to the hotel and get ready for a few days of flying around the west coast

Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

A nice long haul flight in the Longitude and fine pics. of it Chris. The west coast weather sure looks better than that of the east coast. :cool: :)

Thanks, Larry! Southern California did not disappoint with the weather.

Nice shots! Especially over the Rockies!

I've flown many a hour in the Van Nuys area, though that was decades ago. Thankfully the years I was out there the droughts and fires weren't nearly what they are today!!

I'll have to look up the specs on the Longitude. That's one I have no knowledge of.

Thanks for the post!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Nice shots! Especially over the Rockies!

I've flown many a hour in the Van Nuys area, though that was decades ago. Thankfully the years I was out there the droughts and fires weren't nearly what they are today!!

I'll have to look up the specs on the Longitude. That's one I have no knowledge of.

Thanks for the post!

Michael

I don’t fly on the west coast much so it was fun to go into a busy west coast airspace. As for the Longitude, it as a great plane. Looks great, flies high, far and fast and the systems are detailed but easy to understand.