AI aircraft merging together

syldair

Thanks for your reply. I think it has more do to with the ADE. ¨

51391257764_b6be434d99_b.jpg

Here the same situation at an other airport. But the aircraft stop in correct distance.

51390523456_da2536d905_b.jpg

Really I don't know what it could be. Some others got the same issue at other places with other aircraft and other FP.

Could it be that your AF2 or ADE taxiway width is too narrow at your "merge" point, by the look of it, at a hold short point ?

Such taxiways should be at least 60 feet wide in AF2 or ADE, especially in turns directly before hold short points. If narrower, the first plane in line could technically end up outside the (too narrow) taxiway so that the next plane will then stop at the same hold short point.

Hope this helps.

Hans

Sorry, but my friend 'syldair' reports me that he isn't able to post any replies, Those have first to be approved by the board .... I wasn't aware that here are obvisouly some methods known from former KGB ...! Such behaviour won't encourage the community. Edited by leuen

Looking at that AFCAD screenshot those stop shorts seem a bit too far from the runway thus causing the AI to stop and not proceed after clearance.

I've not seen an AFCAD where the parking spots are that close to the runway as well without any proper taxiway route.

Col

Hi,

There is NO Hold Short line visible at the RED Hold point ABOVE the RWY !

That could be THAT another BLUE Point is hidden under the Hold Short Node.

The Hold Short BELOW the RWY SHOWS a Hold Short Line.

Just move the RED Hold Short Node and see what might be located beneth it .

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

P.S. What Airports you are comparing, Good one Berlin Tempelhof and the other ???

Thanks for your replies and your appreciations. Even if they explain different reasons.

Finally I got the reason and the solution: I replaced the appron links by taxiways. It's really a fundamental unterstanding after running FS9 for fifteen years!

BTW, it doesn't matter whether the hold short mode is as narrow as shown above or not. In some of my Afcads they are almost over the runway.

Anyway, thanks for your help. and I hope, my thread didn't include scamming intentions ...