After 10 years...

miatamariner

After 10 years of storage of my copy of FS9, and seeing no further improvement of my FSX, I decided to reinstall FS9 and see if I could bring it beyond the default set up in regards to scenery, terrain and model improvements. I am considering the EVO9 texture addon as there have been many positive comments about transforming the terrain textures. One aspect of FS9 that I sorely miss in FSX is the plethora of outstanding FREE scenery creations, such as the 9Dragons Kaitak. So, to amuse myself and keep me busy for a while, it is time to reinstall FS9.

In wanting to personalize my home airport KORH, my dear late friend John Loney Jr, built a 99% accurate model of the terminal that was constructed in 2010. He made this model for FSX and unfortunately Instant Scenery3 for the FS9 dll module, does not recognize it so that I could place it in FS9. I have tried using Model Converter X but it is far beyond my capabilities of understanding and the knowledge required of how how to use it. I would like to know if anyone here is proficient with it and would consider converting just one model for me from FSX to FS9. Just one. Nothing else.

Also, any other programs that you might want me to consider. These are what I currently have.

1. Ultimate Terrain USA, Canada, and Europe

2. Complete World coverage DVD's of FS Genesis Mesh

3. Zinertek Water Configurator

4. Active Sky v 6.5

My goal is to improve the visual aspects of FS9.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Chris

After 10 years of storage of my copy of FS9, and seeing no further improvement of my FSX, I decided to reinstall FS9 and see if I could bring it beyond the default set up in regards to scenery, terrain and model improvements. I am considering the EVO9 texture addon as there have been many positive comments about transforming the terrain textures. One aspect of FS9 that I sorely miss in FSX is the plethora of outstanding FREE scenery creations, such as the 9Dragons Kaitak. So, to amuse myself and keep me busy for a while, it is time to reinstall FS9.

In wanting to personalize my home airport KORH, my dear late friend John Loney Jr, built a 99% accurate model of the terminal that was constructed in 2010. He made this model for FSX and unfortunately Instant Scenery3 for the FS9 dll module, does not recognize it so that I could place it in FS9. I have tried using Model Converter X but it is far beyond my capabilities of understanding and the knowledge required of how how to use it. I would like to know if anyone here is proficient with it and would consider converting just one model for me from FSX to FS9. Just one. Nothing else.

Also, any other programs that you might want me to consider. These are what I currently have.

1. Ultimate Terrain USA, Canada, and Europe

2. Complete World coverage DVD's of FS Genesis Mesh

3. Zinertek Water Configurator

4. Active Sky v 6.5

My goal is to improve the visual aspects of FS9.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Chris

For the visual aspect, I use the following:

Active Sky Evolution

HDE clouds

Envtex Sky+Sun+Water

GE Pro ground textures

AIFP/AIG AI Flight Plans

But am also interested in learning what others use.

Seeing as you've got Ultimate Terrain, there are several updates still available if you don't already have them, see https://www.scenerysolutions.com/download/utfs9

I only use UT Europe but did notice some improvements when I updated a few months ago.

Enjoy … FS9 still has a lot going for it … and persevere with the ModelConverterX. I've only used it a couple of times to "borrow" a few little details, and it does work, but as with a lot of utilities like this, it's not perfect and can be a little cryptic in places ;)