Nvidia dsr?

pomak249

Just installed the latest Nvidia driver today (471.68) and noticed they come with a new setting - called DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution).

Has anyone tried this setting in FSX?

Just wondered if it would improve image quality beyond AA?

Will try myself later just havent got time to let FSX boot up just yet! LOL

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I've played around with it several times and I honestly don't see much, if any, difference. My native monitor resolution is 1200x1920. The only way to know for sure is to try it. Be aware though, with the 960 you may see some performance hit. There's a good article about DSR here: https://appuals.com/nvidia-dsr-understanding-dsr-factors-and-smoothness/

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Thanks Doug i will have a read of that - as you say its more of a monitor resolution tool so prob not of much use in fsx

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs