My traffic 5 retro ai win 10

nbata1234

Good afternoon to the group,

I’m trying to install my traffic 5 on fs9 with the retro ai 1965 traffic, however the file used to install the retro traffic won’t launch on win 10? Is there a way to install this on win 10

Thanks

Good afternoon to the group,

I’m trying to install my traffic 5 on fs9 with the retro ai 1965 traffic, however the file used to install the retro traffic won’t launch on win 10? Is there a way to install this on win 10

Thanks

Try right click and run as admin. Does it make any difference?

Are you saying you click the installer and nothing at all happens?

Mark Daniels

Last FS9 version of MyTraffic was MyTraffic 2006 v4.1 (see:https://forum.simflight.com/topic/61537-my-traffic-for-fs9/) so, it's not surprising v5 will not install in FS9.

Personally, think WoAI has wayyyy better graphics than MT.

YMMV, of course.

Dorian

Yes, that's what a I feared. The MYT aircraft are absolutely awful. So if the author wants to have a retro traffic out of the Sixties, i strongly recommand to install CalClassic. This package is one of the most extensive and diversified traffic available for FS9. I think the author certainly could live with the fact, that CalClassic traffic is based on 1962 schedules instead of fancy 1965 like MYT.

Furthermore it would allow to use tools like Traffic Toolbox or Traffic View Board, which is impossible with MYT.

Bernard

I have the cal classics however it only goes to 62 when I ran the file for 1965 traffic it would not launch, also I was wondering I have the routes and airplane data files for 1965 I was wondering I there’s a way to manually install these without a installer?

Thanks it’s the version for fs9, I used to run the installation in win xp however the installer using the command prompt would not launch in win 10, I have the routes data file and airplanes files however I was wondering if there’s a way to manually install these by copy paste?

I have installed Mytraffic 2005 recently, not for the planes but for the little extras like the different ATC accents, the driveable follow me, and spotty. Also there was the thing for viewing all the AI traffic in the area. And if you have a fairly vanilla install, there is a giant folder of afcads that cover a ton of airports, which is great for when you dont have an addon airport.

If i remember correctly, they release either 05 or 06 a few years ago free. But maybe it was a limited time thing. I do remember it having the backdated traffic and aircraft.

@nbata1234: You really would like to see such lousy airplanes in your FS9? Even FS98 did it better ... And half a dozen AI at LSZH on Saturday noon, that's all.

51375330488_014f4656ef_b.jpg

Bernard

Edited by leuen

@nbata1234: You really would like to see such lousy airplanes in your FS9? Even FS98 did it better ... And half a dozen AI at LSZH on Saturday noon, that's all.

51375330488_014f4656ef_b.jpg

Bernard

Yes, those are hideous. Even back when I bought MyTraffic5, I was disappointed. I have always used WOAI as my primary traffic, and the retro stuff from CalClassic in my time travel installs.